Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Way to go red!
    You rock!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    Hey, thanks for holding off on that! Now that mine is over, what happened with yours? Was the mammogram itself the problem, or the results?
    The last one I had was a problem. The technician had to have been a sadist. At one point I was almost hanging by my boob. I said, "uh, could you lower this a bit, I'm on my toes". Her reply? "But I have you placed perfectly!" I've never had such a painful mammogram, I actually had bruises the next day.

I thought is was me, but a friend of mine went to the same place and got the same woman. She hurt her too. I'll be sure to let them know I will not allow that woman near me next time I go in.

eta: I've also had a couple with scary results which turned out to be fine -- but the waiting is horrible. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    The last one I had was a problem. The technician had to have been a sadist. At one point I was almost hanging by my boob. I said, "uh, could you lower this a bit, I'm on my toes". Her reply? "But I have you placed perfectly!" I've never had such a painful mammogram, I actually had bruises the next day.

I thought is was me, but a friend of mine went to the same place and got the same woman. She hurt her too. I'll be sure to let them know I will not allow that woman near me next time I go in.

eta: I've also had a couple with scary results which turned out to be fine -- but the waiting is horrible. Hang in there.
    I think that technician should not be allowed near anyone. Sounds so brutal and unnecessary.

Glad to read that the healing process is going well and a bike ride does wonders for the spirit.

Still no word. Thanksgiving is making the process slower. I'm still healing. Been riding almost normally, with a tad less effort (I could be tempted to keep that up!). The bruising is in full glory right now. You should see it. It's spectacular. Feeling good.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Glad you're doing well! Waiting is so stressful. Hang in there.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thanks, oak. I don't feel especially stressed out, but I have been sleeping more than normal. I think it's just part of the healing process. I've also been craving salmon like crazy. My body must need the fish oil.

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    Thanks, oak. I don't feel especially stressed out, but I have been sleeping more than normal. I think it's just part of the healing process. I've also been craving salmon like crazy. My body must need the fish oil.
    there are worse things to crave- buy some wild caught norwegian salmon, grill with lemon and butter, you've earned it and you deserve it,plus it is extra yummy.

After my lumpectomy I craved guacamole. Listen to your body, it knows.

heal fast and fingers crossed for a negative ( or good) result.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

I was so planning on writing one of those I can't believe they put me through all that for nothing posts, but it turns out it was not for nothing. I finally heard yesterday I have an early form of breast cancer, DCIS. It's non invasive, and I will survive, but I most likely need more surgery, and a mastectomy with reconstruction might be my best option. That was shocking to hear (and I don't know for sure that that's going to happen) but just thinking about it, I've decided I'm not willing to fight for a breast that's trying to kill me. I'm okay if it has to go; I don't need it to pedal my bike. I'm worried about it being painful, though. The next step is an MRI, but I still need to heal more from the biopsy, so it will be at least another week before we know what we need to do.

I have so much literature to read. It's like when you apply to college, and you get the big acceptance packet, only this isn't anyplace I applied to. I would have preferred the letter, but I guess this is where I need to be.

On the bright side, I'm so lucky. I easily could have ignored this lump, and it could have turned into something much worse. I have a wonderful life, lots of people who love me, and a lot of support. I'm also lucky to be in great shape. All that time in the saddle has made me really strong and fit. This will be hard, but it's nothing I can't handle.

Slacker on wheels.

(((((((red)))))))

Read lots. Consider carefully. Take good care.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

{{{Red}}} I am so sorry to read this, but thankful they caught it early.

((((Red)))). I'm really sorry for the diagnosis. Hang in there and, as Oak suggested, read lots and consider carefully.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

((((((((((((((((red))))))))))))))))))))

I was so hoping that this thread being active meant there was good news for you. Take your time - it does sound like you have that - in considering your options. Hugs.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

(((Red)))

I'm sorry about the diagnosis, but I'm glad they caught it early.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I am sorry you got this news, but you are correct, it's the best of the bad news.
    From what I know, making these decisions can be extremely difficult. Please take your time, and while it sounds like you are at a great hospital, think about getting a second opinion, or third, even. Like maybe at Dana Farber? You're so close, it wouldn't hurt.
    Because I have no personal experience with this, anything I can say seems silly. But, feel free to PM if you need to vent.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport