Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

So good to hear from you, Red. I'm relieved it went well and that the surgery part is over. I'm praying for good news.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Good healing to you.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Really hoping/praying for good news and glad to hear that things went so well!

Red, glad it all went well. good for you for being a brave soldier. Drink lots and lots of water to help your body flush the anesthetics and pain meds. Heal fast but don't push yourself.

been through it twice and so glad it went well, I will continue to stomp and wave and sing for good results.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Red, you're a trooper and you will look beautiful, even more so for being well on the inside.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Awww, thanks.

I felt queasy and dizzy after the Vicodin last night, so I took only half of the next one, and then moved on to Tylenol 6 hours later. There is no pain at all in my breast, so I probably don't even need that anymore. I've also stopped icing, which I think helped more than the pain killers. My hand, where the IV went in, is the only thing that's a little uncomfortable, and sleeping wasn't good. It feels too soon to lie on my side, so I tried to stay on my back, which isn't the way I normally sleep. Other than that, I think I'm doing really well.

DBF will be making dinner tomorrow, and the only thing I might do is an apple crisp. Easy. I'm not going on my normal pre-guest cleaning frenzy. I'm sure they don't care and won't notice anyway. I'm just taking it easy until I can't. I'm already thinking about Saturday's ride. It's supposed to be beautiful here. I think I'll be ready for an easy one, based on how I feel now, but I won't do anything stupid.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

So happy to hear you are doing well! You probably will be able to ride Saturday; just don't push it, if you don't feel like 100%. It's supposed to beautiful this weekend.
    Hey, I was thinking, one of these days we should meet and maybe do a ride on the South Coast; probably next spring!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I am very glad to hear that you are recovering so well! Enjoy the holiday tomorrow, and the great ride you have planned for Saturday!

Crankin, that would be great!

Slacker on wheels.

Happy to hear that you're doing well, Red. Isn't it nice that they can give you meds (non general anesthesia) where you don't even remember a medical procedure/surgery?! Loved that when I had my colonoscopy in the spring. No memories except before and after.

Hoping for very good news for you soon!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I guess I am way behind on reading the forums as I just saw this thread. Hoping that you get a good report and that waiting for the results isn't causing you too much stress.

Thanks!

I'm healing really well. Taking off the bandage was scary. I had this fear it would look like the Bride of Frankenstein's breast, so I was relieved to see it. It looks better to me than before, which I assume is more emotional than aesthetic. Except for the stitches, you can't tell anything was done, and it feels normal.

I got back on the bike on Fri, and rode yesterday and today, too. I'm just taking it easy, and not overdoing it, but riding feels great. I still feel a bit tired, so I'm relaxing as much as I can. I'm not worried about the results. I know whatever it comes out as, I will be okay.

Except for the nausea from the pain killers, this part was painless.

Slacker on wheels.

So glad it's going well for you. Keep taking care of yourself.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

How did I miss this thread? Oh, I know, I had a horrendous mammogram last year and didn't want to add anxiety. Glad I womaned up and read through the whole thing. You've had quite the odyssey Red - it sounds like you've had awesome doctors and nurses.

Thinking good thoughts for you.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    How did I miss this thread? Oh, I know, I had a horrendous mammogram last year and didn't want to add anxiety. Glad I womaned up and read through the whole thing. You've had quite the odyssey Red - it sounds like you've had awesome doctors and nurses.

Thinking good thoughts for you.
    Hey, thanks for holding off on that! Now that mine is over, what happened with yours? Was the mammogram itself the problem, or the results?

Slacker on wheels.