Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Good luck, Red. Keep us posted.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

More hugs to to you, Red. As a small breasted woman myself, I can relate to your feelings. But perfection can take many imperfect forms. I'll be praying that it's the Big B; not the Big C. We'll be thinking of you. Please keep us posted if you can.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Hugs and best wishes for you Red, hope everything goes well!

Hugs, Red.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Best wishes, Red!

Hoping that everything goes well for your during and after your surgery. Healing thoughts your way......

Red Rock

Good luck!
    Yeah actually I did the surgeries for my recurrence (2009) under local. You have to be a bit mentally disciplined but it is so good that you are outta there much quicker (than if you were under general).
    Good decision on the incision! (Good poetry, huh?). I had multiple surgeries (both in 1996 and 2009) coz I had said "Take out as little as possible" and I would stick with that again even at the risk of more surgery.
    Keep us posted
    In my thoughts and prayers...

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Red! I've missed this thread. Cheering you on today! Go do what has to be done, and move on. No-one gets out of life without scars, but this one will show that you were on top of things and taking control over your own health and wellbeing. Go for it!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Thanks everybody! I slept well, am really thirsty, but so far, managing the fast well. I'm a big eater, so I was worried I'd feel awful by now. So far, so good (it is only 7 am though! I have several more hours). I'll be in good hands. Might not update until tomorrow.

Margo, thank you so much for your input. It's good to know that you would do it the same again.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Red, if you can, take a scone or something tasty to eat after the surgery! I had two outpatient surgeries and the things they offer you at the hospital are unappetizing (the saddest muffin I've ever seen, crackers...). Best of luck!

I'm back! It went really well. I don't remember the surgery at all, even on just a sedative and local anesthetic. I have no pain yet. I have an ice pack and am taking Vicodine. Everything went completely smoothly. Thanks pll for all the advice. I had 4 heated blankets on me, which I wouldn't have asked for if not for your suggestion. I was freezing.

Post Op, they gave me water, then toast with PB, and coffee, and it tasted so good to me. It was wheat Wonder Bread, which I haven't had in probably 25 years, so I think I was just so ready for food, anything would have been delicious. Or, I must love Wonder Bread. I didn't have any nausea or dizziness, either.

When I asked the surgeon if it would look okay, she, in humble way, said she was really good, and I wouldn't be able to tell anything had been done. The nurses also said she was great (when she wasn't there), and my breast would be a work of art.

Time for more pain meds. Thank you all so much for the moral support. It was much easier because of you.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Glad it went well. Quick healing to you!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Glad it went well! Get some good food and a lot of rest.

Sounds like it went well Red! Hang in there; we are all routing (Sp?) for you!

So glad to "see" you checking in and doing as well as could be expected. Here's hoping for speedy healing
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...