Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

November/December weight management challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Next two months of our weight management challenge!

Let me know
    (1) if you want to join in
    (2) what your weight is on Friday the 4th of November (or whatever day works best for you)
    (3) what your goal weight is for the 30th of December - if you want to, if you don't want to set a goal like that, then no worries.

I'll post the link to the chart later in the week.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Count me in, 186#, goal is 170#. Thank you
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Me too... 164.8... Goal 156

Count me in, I will be out of town for the rest of the week so my official 'weigh in' is 138.6. Goal is 132.

I think I've fallen into a trap these past months. With one injury or another, and work being so busy, my level of cardiovascular exercise has dropped. I've certainly still been riding but not at the same level of intensity. My age is working against me here, and I suspect my metabolism has slowed somewhat and I need to give it a boost.

Time to turn the burners back on for my metabolism. My diet isn't bad at all, though I am tweaking my carb intake and pulling back on the beer for a time. I only have about 3 a week, but one a week will do for now. While I require a high protein diet to keep my blood sugar stable, I suspect that I've been taking in too much for my activity level - too much protein gets stored as fat.

Regardless of the reason for the gain I need to stop this upwards trend NOW or I know what will happen. I am fooling myself by thinking it is fluid retention.
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-31-2011 at 02:15 AM.

I'd like to participate. I've recently reached my goal weight after having lost a little over 200lbs and could use some camaraderie while I work on maintaining through the colder months (so more gym time, less bike trail) and holidays. I'm playing with some dietary tweaks (finding the common ground between 2 ways of eating that seem divergent but equally appeal to me-paleo/primal and DrFuhrman's ways) so accountability will be a good thing.
    Last edited by Dannielle; 10-31-2011 at 07:16 AM.

I'm in-perfect with new nutrition starting today!

present-132 goal 126

I'll join...I have been changing my eating habits and instead of eating out for lunch at work been bringing my food from home. Been going to the gym on a regular basis for the past 3 months or so...not really dieting but trying to eat more proportional and healthier and trying not to eat after 7 p.m. if I am hungry at night I eat something like a fruit or a healthy cereal with soy milk. Since then I have lost 17 lbs ...my goal is to drop 15lbs or more if possible by the end of December. A few years ago I went on a strict healthy diet and extremely excersise routine by myself and lost 70lbs in 8 months. I was able to wear petite sizes. Stopped going to the gym got depressed because of some personals...and slowly gained them back. I still have all that clothes hanging in my closet and I am planning on wearing all of it again..... so let's do it...!!

In - I will weigh in Friday. (I think I may be up a little from last week owing to a trip to a 2 Michelin star restaurant with about 11 courses on Sunday. Worth it. )
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

In!

2. Let's just use today's weight for Weight Watchers - 145
    3. Goal - 135 (this is my ultimate goal after reaching a high of 173 last summer).

I am about to start racing marathon (usually 50 mile races on mountain bike courses) but my biggest challenge of my life is the January 7 Excrutiation Exam which starts at one mountain bike course, does the 9 mile loop there, rides the road to another course, does approximately 20 miles there and then rides the road bike for a grand total of 80-90 miles depending on the year.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

In! Thursday is my WW weigh-in so I'll post that, and my goal weight, for the Friday 11/4 start.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post

I think I may be up a little from last week owing to a trip to a 2 Michelin star restaurant with about 11 courses on Sunday. Worth it.
    Heh, I think I gained a few pounds looking at the menu on their website.

If you're going to splurge, make it worthwhile!

Thanks for doing this again, PG.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I'm in too! Goal for end of December is 139. I'll post my starting weight on Friday.

This will be a good test of my paleo lifestyle - can I keep my weight loss momentum through the holidays? That's the plan!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I'm in too - if it's OK, I might not set a goal for this one, though. I'm not meeting my goals - but I am getting in better shape, tweaking my diet, and generally becoming healthier. I'm going to focus on those things, and see where the weight ends up, I think.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Still trying to get back to my elusive goal weight - my real goal is 112 but just put me down for 114 because that seems realistic.

By the way, NPR had an interesting story this morning (Oct 31) on Morning Edition about why it is harder to keep weight off and lose it again a second time. It involves a lot of biochemical messages (leptin and other substances) that make your body think it is starving, and then reducing your metabolism so you actually must eat fewer calories than a person who is at the same weight, but did not have to diet to get to that weight. And how you need to do an hour of activity or so, at least 6 days a week, to maintain. The deck is really stacked against us!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

My goal is (still) 140.

I woke up this morning with a pain in my left foot and no idea why it hurts. I'm hoping it's a minor muscle pull. Otherwise it will really mess with my ability to exercise.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I decided it isn't enough that I can't do any working out due to a back/leg thing, so I added in a slip and fall in the tub that may possibly have done something to a rib.

I'm seriously thinking of wrapping myself in bubble wrap from here on out.

You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!