Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

klesko - I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister. Ditto the big hugs to you!

My starting weight (on Saturday or Friday...I forget which) was 147.1

I've figured out exactly why I've stopped losing weight even though I'm still paleo. Paleo treats are still treats and I'm eating too many of them and they are stalling my loss. What I can't decide, is if I should remove them and keep losing, or stay where I am for a couple more weeks. I'm starting a challenge on another forum in mid-November, so I will DEFINITELY remove them then. What I don't know is if I should start now or wait (so that my before/after contrast is better for that competition). Decisions, decisions....

Roxy - I hate, hate, hate logging food, too. It worked for me the first time I got serious and lost a bunch of weight, but when I eventually gained it back, I just couldn't get motivated to do it again.

I see you struggling with a lot of the same things I struggled with so I'm going to throw this out there because it helped me so much: Would you consider trying paleo? 30-days and you could see huge improvements in your weight loss, but more importantly, in how you approach food (which is why I'm staying on it...the weight loss is just a bonus). I know it seems extreme to some people, but if you were ok with South Beach, this might not seem so far-fetched to you. 30 days isn't a very long time and it might just be the kick in the pants your body needs.

Anyway, I swore that when I started this that I'd not become a paleo-preacher, so I won't sing it's praises again. If you are interested, there are two resources I will suggest. One is the book The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf. It's by far the best intro to paleo eating out there as it explains the science in a non-scientific way AND it's amusing to read. Secondly, I've known lots of people in real life who have had great success following the Whole-30 approach. It's 30 days of strict paleo to kind of 're-set' your body. After the 30-days, you can experiment with the addition of foods to see you react to them.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I've totally slacked off again!! And plan on getting back in the game soon. I need to get committed and stay committed. I haven't weighed myself in weeks. I know I'm still up from lowest, which I believe was 149. But I can't be doing too bad, all my jeans seem to fit okay. I'm going to have to be brave and get on the scale this Friday
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Friday's weight: 147.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I'm new around here, but can I please join in too?

My current weigh is 60 kg (132 lbs), target is 57 (126 lbs).

Hi Bikerkippie, welcome! Now you have me thinking of Belgian chocolate. And moules frites. And all those wonnnnderful Belgian beers ...

OK, where was I? Oh, right - weight management.

I had my Weight Watchers weight in this morning, it was a quick in & out because I had a conference call a little bit later.

I weighed in at 155.8

Turns out I reached my 5% milestone! Yay!!

When people reach a milestone (such as a certain % of total body weight lost, or # of pounds lost) it's announced at the meeting and the milestone-ers get some cheers and pats on the back. And maybe a trinket depending on the milestone (I think I get a sticker ...).

Since I couldn't stay for the meeting today, I get my recognition next week.

But ... what if I show up next week and it turns out I gained a bit back ... will they deny me my cheers and my sticker ?

OMG the pressure.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

No weigh in this week, on a trip and have no scale. I feel fat this morning though.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

205.5 Last Week (Thursday).... 204 today ..

I "may" go on a strict Salad White Meat (Fish,Chicken,Turkey) only diet starting tomorrow until Thursday and try to lose 3lbs by Friday. Not sure Though. I am not dieting at all....just eating a bit more healthier. B,L,D with snacks in between and at night. Water.... and of course Gym at least 4 days a week. I may just stick with what I am doing..it is working....slowly..but sometimes thats better.
    Last edited by Giulianna23; 11-11-2011 at 04:43 AM.

146.5. Slowly melting, I am close to goal so I kind of expected to slow to a crawl on loss.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

it's weigh in day, yes? 141.8 today. Maintaining well.

116.2- inching back toward my goal.
    Doing a big event next weekend: 111 miles of El Tour de Tucson, so I expect I'm going to see my weight go back up though, with the pre-ride eating and the post-ride gain as well, so I'm mentally preparing to see the scale go up again.

Klesko, hugs.
    Welcome Bikerkippie. This is a good support network
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Have FUN at ETT AzFiddle!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

GLC, thank you for those links! I'm reading through the Whole 30 pages now and it looks like something I could do. I like the no nonsense approach. No cheating, no slips ("...unless you physically trip and your face lands in a box of donuts..." - ha).

I like the idea of a reset, though, so thank you.

This morning: 232.8

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Foo Fighters concert tonight!!!! I will look much better in skinny jeans that I did a couple of months ago. Also, in honor of this week's 40th anniversary of the release of Led Zeppelin IV, I will accent my outfit with the Robert-Plant inspired lightning bolt necklace that I have had since I was in junior high school. Rock and roll!!!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post

Foo Fighters concert tonight!!!! I will look much better in skinny jeans that I did a couple of months ago. Also, in honor of this week's 40th anniversary of the release of Led Zeppelin IV, I will accent my outfit with the Robert-Plant inspired lightning bolt necklace that I have had since I was in junior high school. Rock and roll!!!!
    Awesome, I love it!!

147.0 today. I'm actually really pleased with no change as this is exactly what I am shooting for this week and next. After that, I start a holiday challenge where I will begin working the fat off again, so for right now my goal is to hold steady.

no change..still at 135
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike