Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

1 less pound than last week..thats good...so I started this morning @ 205.5lbs... and my goal is 195lbs by the end of the year...

My WW weigh-in was today, so my start weight for this challenge is 156.6

My goal weight is 154.

I know it's not much of a goal, but since we're getting into the holidays I'm being a bit less ambitious. If I pass that, bonus!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

today 56.5kg

At the end of december 55.5kg

I am going to hop into this one this time around. I lost about 20# at the end of last year so I want to keep close tabs on my weight during the upcoming months with all the good food around. I hope to maintain or lose. My current weight is 140 with a plan/goal to maintain or drop to 135.

official start weight: 142.0
    goal: to maintain in the 140-144 range

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I think almost all adults who are trying to maintain a healthy weight/lifestyle need to keep track of and limit the amount of food they eat, even if they have never gained and then lost excess weight. Some might do it more casually, rather than weighing and measuring, and they might be able to get away with treats more often, but they're still doing it. And then there are people like the always-thin guy in my office who doesn't gain weight easily, but has to watch his diet due to hereditary health issues (high blood pressure in his case).

And btw, congratulations on losing 200 lbs. That's a huge achievement.
    No disrespect intended at all toward those who have not had to battle obesity. I agree that it's work (both mental and physical) for all who aspire to live a healthy lifestyle.

I think it's a different struggle to some degree, but not necessarily a more difficult struggle...just different. And of course, ask 10 people which mountain is the highest and they'll always tell you it's the one they have to climb.

I can't tell you how many people have asked me to give an example of what I eat in a day as they'd like to lose 10-30lbs. When I tell them their eyes instantly glaze over. It's such a huge departure from what is considered "normal" by American standards that it seems like too much effort to be worth it for 10-30lbs. But from where I started (nearly bedridden due to all the medical issues that were both a cause and symptom of my weight issue) it was a no brainer...eating in such an extreme way is a small price to pay for getting my life back.

I'm married to that guy who has to make an effort to eat enough or else he accidentally loses weight.

And thank you! I've really emphasized focusing on one day at a time so it's still really surreal when I allow myself to look at the big picture. In a good way though!

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    +1 - that is so impressive.
    Thank you!

Back down to 136.6 today, I will take it!

Granted, as I am spending all day at the hospital with my family I am not exercising nor eating properly but am trying my best to have a good breakfast and to keep healthy snacks with me - and starting the day with a brisk 30 minute walk. NOT the level of exercisemy body is used to but things will get back to normal next week.

Danielle - congratulations on your 200 lb loss, amazing! It was hard enough for me to lose 60 pounds, 200 is a great acccomplishment! IMO, and your post bears it out, the real battle in the struggle in weight loss is mental. There has to be the intention and then the will to carry it out.

174. I think my goal will be to get to 170 and hold it there for a few weeks before continuing to lose. Ultimate goal is 160 - 165.

And last year this time I was 25 pounds heavier than I am now - so its been a good year all in all!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

234.2 this morning

My overall goal remains 200.

This week I rode over 60 miles and took a step class. I also ate pretty well, minus a few pieces of Halloween candy. I walked away from the sourdough and French bread, but the peanut M&Ms got me.

I've had two people give me lectures on what I should eat, one of whom I stopped mid-sentence.

I've also had two different people suggest I just stop obsessing over losing weight and accept that I'm fat and move on. One of them is my therapist.

Hmmm...

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Roxy are you logging EVERYTHING you eat and drink? I use to think I ate pretty well too, until I took a really good honest look at it.

On the other hand you are paying your therapist to give you advice. Maybe you should listen to her/him.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Limited exercise this week due to unexplained foot pain on Monday. It seems I strained a muscle/tendon/whatever in my sleep. Anyway it's almost 100% better now, so I can get back to work.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'd like in please. I'm at my heaviest weight ever, 207, so I am setting a goal of 200. I guess I need to start counting calories or points or just stop eating pure junk not even masquerading as some healthy.
    Thank you Possegal for running this thread and doing all the book keeping.
    Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Roxy are you logging EVERYTHING you eat and drink? I use to think I ate pretty well too, until I took a really good honest look at it.

On the other hand you are paying your therapist to give you advice. Maybe you should listen to her/him.

Veronica
    I tried for the longest time to lose weight and nothing really worked. And like Veronica I thought I ate pretty well until I started to keep a log of every single item I ate. It added up fast..all the little things. Hang in there, you will find what works for you.

Roxy, find a therapist that specializes in eating disorders or lifestyle management. Preferrably, someone with a holistic background.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport