Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Ortlieb QL3

Ortlieb QL3

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone have an Ortlieb bag with the QL3 attachment system? I'm curious to know if you can still attach other panniers to your rack without taking off that mounted bar.

After about 10,000 miles my old Axiom Lasalles aren't looking so hot. I'm looking to upgrade to something that looks a little sharper and would be easier to carry, because I generally lock up my bike for the day and then walk a LOT. I was looking at the Ortlieb Downtown panniers and I'm wondering how well that attachment system will fit into my life; I own other panniers already that I use for errands and touring that I'll still be using on a regular basis. I'm also looking hard at the Timbuk2 Shift bag. If anyone has any other suggestions on laptop bags that will attach to my rack, I'm all ears.

I don't have this bag in stock at the moment but have seen it with both the QL2 and the QL3, This bag is also available with the QL2. The QL3 allows for better flexibility in bag positioning for heel clearance and can be removed when needed but perhaps the QL2 fits better with your plans.://www.ortlieb.com/_makeframe.php?lang=en&produkt=downtownql3
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Eh, I already own touring panniers with the QL2 system and I hate carrying those bags around.

The point is pretty much moot in any case, because I found the Downtown pannier at a local store the other day and determined that it is way too huge for me. That sucker is enormous. I ordered something else.