Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Jamis Coda Femme

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello

Heard some great things about the Jamis Coda Femme on another bike forum and a local LBS has one in stock in my size. I'm going to take a look at it this weekend and go for a test ride.

This would be my "real" bike, I currently have a folder. I was supposed to wait until the Spring but since my shop has one in stock, I figured I would take a look.

Does anyone have any comments (negative or positive) about this bike? I am a recreational rider who mostly rides in the neighborhood and on paved bike trails. I can't see myself (not right now at least) riding more than 25 miles. I don't need an ultra fast road bike but am looking for versatility and a comfortable ride.

Thanks!

http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebik...sportf_bl.html

I think Jamis makes nice bikes for the money. I have an Aurora that I like quite a bit. Fit is really key so give it a good test ride if you can.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thanks Indy. Glad to hear good things about the Jamis brand. I'm excited to try the bike out. If I love it I may have to buy it, which would be bad as I wasn't planning to buy until the Spring! Oh well.

Jamis does make nice bikes. (I'm considering the Quest, actually). But go test it out, and if it feels good and makes you smile, jump on it! (If you have the $$ to do so, of course.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Jamis does make nice bikes. (I'm considering the Quest, actually). But go test it out, and if it feels good and makes you smile, jump on it! (If you have the $$ to do so, of course.)
    Thanks owlie! I'm not one to be patient, especially when it comes to buying things I want. If the fit works, I may have a new bike by the weekend!

I just sold mine. It's perfect for a first real bike. I used it for errands, short rides, though I did do a couple of 50 mile rides on it.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

My daughter has this bike and really likes it. She just used it for a 2 day MS ride (40 and 50 miles) and the training leading up to it. We put a rear rack on it so she can ride it to school if she likes, and carry stuff.

She tried several sizes to get the right fit, and spent some time riding around the parking lot. So do all that. We ended up with a much larger size than we first expected. She's really gotten tall.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I have the regular Coda, a 2007. She's my commuter and workhorse bike. I had to change out the handlebars and add different grips to get my hands really comfy, but now she's great for long rides.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

So good to hear positive feedback on the Jamis brand. It seems as if you get a lot of bang for your buck. I will try it out this weekend and report back. Thanks