Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: My season.....

My season.....

To disable ads, please log-in.

has been beyond fantastic! And sadly, a bit of not so fantastic. I had set some goals that I wanted to reach for. Some I made, some I did not.

For as long as I've been racing dus (5 years)- the elusive 1st place podium has evaded me. Found it twice this year. My reward (that I've promised myself for 5 years) is a new tri bike. I actually podiumed all of my duathlon races this year except for the first one. That's when I got to race all of the ex- pros ..hmmm a new goal? But better than podium - at least in my eyes is a PB in every single race I've done. That includes an early season 5k and an 8k running race.

I wanted to be a 30+kph rider on my bike. I was most of the time. I wanted to be running 5 min km for the first run and no slower that 5:10 for the second. This I get to work on.

I wanted to do an Olympic distance race this year. Check.
    And a half marathon. Did that yesterday in 1:54:31. 5:18/km pace. I am hurting big-time today!

Sadly, my dad died at the end of June. He was living in Alberta - a long distance from me. I was able to spend the last week of his life with him and my brother and I were was him when he died. He had Lewy Body dementia and was also plagued with the physical ailments of an old and deteriorating body. My dad was always involved in sport, loved coaching youth and always inspired me to be my best in sport. This season was a legacy to my dad.

I also could not have done it without my coach. Though I think he needs to be tougher with me, he has guided me to most of my goals.

I'm going to take a month off of training- bike and run when the weather is good. Eat what I want (in moderation) and ponder my next season. I'm thinking of moving up to longer distance dus next year, half ironman and olympic distances. Perhaps I'll try a try-a tri. Perhaps a marathon. I think I'd like to tackle an IM before I get too old. (though no-one is too old in this forum)

I'm thankful for a pretty injury-free season. My R achilles is a bit grumbly. So it will be grateful for a bit of downtime. Me too!

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

Congratulations.
    And sorry about your dad.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Thanks. To both.

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

Exactly what Crankin said, Spin. I'm glad for the season you had, and sorry about your dad. Thanks for the update!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks