Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Centennial Trail Extension

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today DH and I biked the new extension of the Centennial Trail all the way up to Bryant. We parked at the Getchell trail head off Hwy 9 and rode north from there. Ended up being about a 26 mile round trip.

Fantastic that they finally finished that part of the trail. I've never been through that area. It was nice and smooth and wide. Some sidewalk riding just south of Arlington and through a few areas just outside of town. The only part that wasn't nice was just before getting into the old downtown area, you are alongside of a fairly busy road, not much shoulder, and crossing two gnarly railroad tracks...beware.

We stopped at a bakery/cafe called Petite Sweets for a hot drink and a three day old cinnamon roll. Think we'll try a different place next time, ha.

Really love that we now have a great trail for long training rides. From Snohomish it would be about a 50 mile round trip, perfect for getting ready for the STP or RSVP!

It stayed cooler than we thought it would. I was counting on the sun coming out late morning and warming things up a little, but that didn't happen...go figure. There were LOTS of bikers out there today, exploring the new sections of the trail, just like we were.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

I'm gonna add the extension to my "bike ride list". Don't know that we can get it in this fall, but next spring for sure.

We've been waiting for it to open for a couple of years. Glad you had a good ride. Thanks for the update.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3