Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question Adjust Bike After Crash

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've posted 'Bike Fitting' because I need to find a good professional cycling store to take my bike for a proper fitting. However, I also need to have my bike adjusted after having a pretty bad accident. I'm lucky my bike wasn't damaged much (I think I took all the damage instead).

So the brakes on my handlebars are turned inward on the left side and outward on the right, I cannot tell if anything else is off, because I will not ride it until 2 things happen; The fracture in my hand heals, and I get all my movement back pain free, and second, I need to have my bike inspected to know that it is safe to ride.

Can anyone recommend a good, professional, honest place I can take my bike to anywhere in south shore, central, or southeastern mass area?
    I'll Change This When I Feel I'm No Longer a Newbie On Training Wheels!

Try the good folks at Cycle Lodge. They're in Pembroke, MA and both Beth and Jimmy (the owners) are terrific people. They've helped out another forum member with a bike purchase, and are regulars on the New England racing scene as well.

Sorry to hear about the accident! Heal quick.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Talking Adjust Bike After Crash

Quote Originally Posted by SheFly View Post
    Try the good folks at Cycle Lodge. They're in Pembroke, MA and both Beth and Jimmy (the owners) are terrific people. They've helped out another forum member with a bike purchase, and are regulars on the New England racing scene as well.

Sorry to hear about the accident! Heal quick.

SheFly
    Thank You! I am going to take your advice on that! I've gotten a couple of private messages with suggestions and yours is at the top of my list. I'm even looking for a new bike ... actually the Cervelo S5.

I'll have to check out their website too.

Thanks a bunch!

Laura

You're welcome . Just tell Beth that Cathy from NEBC sent you.

SheFly

Talking Adjust Bike After Crash

You're welcome . Just tell Beth that Cathy from NEBC sent you.

SheFly

Absolutely! Thanks for the tip! Is NEBC a cycling club?
    I'm looking for a friendly group to ride with. I am normally a competitive athlete but turning from "runner" to "cycling" has a little bit of a learning curve.

Besides, I'm trying to recondition myself after dealing with health issues that set me back a bit. I finally realized that you have to take control of your body and how injuries affect you and your life, not let them control you.

It may take some time for me to get where I want to be again physically but I'm willing to work for it. I love endurance sports and love to challenge myself to go the distance.

Best,

Laura

Yes. NEBC is the oldest and largest cycling club in New England, with just over 300 members. Our mission has always been racer development, and we do a lot of activities to promote that - a spring Intro to Racing Clinic (in Ayer, MA), Tuesday Night Women's Paceline rides (in Lexington, MA) as well as having a strong racing presence on the road, MTBs and 'cross.

While we do have members from lots of places in MA, our primary geographic center is Burlington, MA. You can check us out here. I was the president of the club until this week .

There are, however, more local groups to you! Check in with Beth when you are there - she can help hook you up with rides more locally. Not that we don't want you - we do! Just trying to help make things most convenient for you.

SheFly

There are, however, more local groups to you! Check in with Beth when you are there - she can help hook you up with rides more locally. Not that we don't want you - we do! Just trying to help make things most convenient for you.
    SheFly
    I hear ya! Yes, it would be more convenient for me during the semester to ride more local. My engineering courses are horrendous, professors don't cut us any slack whatsoever!!

Maybe we'll cross paths in the future since we both love cycling. I do need to find a local group and will check with Beth about it when I bring my bike in for repair.

Thank you for helping me out. I'm not originally form Massachusetts and am still learning where cities and towns are around me, learning new bike paths, and meeting new friends. I moved up here from Texas (San Antonio) back in 2001. Really don't miss the HOT weather at all! On the other hand, I do miss the big city stuff every now and then. At least if I do, I can just drive up to Boston and get a quick fix. City life in Boston is a little different than city life in San Antonio. San Antonio is very spread out because there is an endless amount of land for the city to grow into. The suburbs in San Antonio and the 'Hill Country' is what I'm more familiar with. You know, like 24 hour restaurants, 24 hour grocery store's ... I really miss Jack-n-The-Box, and a that good 'ol Texas BBQ Brisket! Seems like I've gone off on a tangent, sorry! Anyway I have to get back to ton's of homework (Differential Equations) and studying for my 3rd Exam this week, and circuit board lab assignments, and Smartphone Applications programming.

Safe riding and maybe by chance, we'll bump into each one of these days!

Take care!

Laura