Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Transplanted to a state of beer: Latrobe-Pittsburgh

The Free Clif Bar (guinea pig) that I am

To disable ads, please log-in.

So all that is free is not great, but I'm over hear updating the Powerbook - marks and I get to the Clif Bar, blah, blah blog.

Guess what?! They have new 'Nectar' bars for the first 250 addresses they receive. Here's the deal it just went up on the site the seventh of this month. So get riding, running, typing whatever to their site or the blog and you'll see NECTAR in the left margin.

I'm giving up on most of the Powerbars, except a few fav's. As well of some Clif Bar's, but hopefully one of these will replace a previous personal reject.

In addition, Steve Madden @ Bicycling's Nov/Dec 05 issue speaks of some vegan energy bar. SKIP IT! I had this sour brick during the end of the summer from EMS and if the smell doesn't take you to the land of nausea the process of chewing, swollowing and it sitting on your stomache just to upchuckan-di a few days later can be used as a possible diet deterant.

Sorry for the babble ladies (and some gents). Have a great Thanksgiving. Remember why we're really thankful.

Caio

I've had a Nectar Bar. It was pretty tasty but it was pretty much dried fruit and nuts only. Better be tasty!

I also far prefer Mojo Bars from Clif than Clif and Luna Bars. Our grocery stores carry both so they're easy to find.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Thumbs up LaraBars

I really like LaraBars. Could that be the bar that you're referring to, JesTutripup ? (I don't read "Buy-Cycling", so I wouldn't know.)

According to the LaraBar folks, they're Uncooked, Unprocessed, No Added Sugars, Non-Irradiated, Non-GMO, Preservative-Free, Sulfite-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Corn-Free, Vegan, and Kosher.

But despite all that I really like them, particularly the banana cookie and ginger snap flavors.

-jo "LaraBar fan" bob

Nope it's definitely not the Lara...but Sadie I'm glad you've tried it already cause I haven't seen it in the local shop's. What you've described is making me hungry.

I'll take dry and tasty cause I've got lots of liquid. Atleast two - three sides of my tongue must agree cause when i force myself the inevitable occurs: hedges please....

Jes --- You need to get yourself some refueling at Eat'nPark or Valley Dairy!! It's great to see someone here from LATROBE (my parents grew up there). I grew up in Murrysville, but spent a lot of time visiting my relatives in good old Lay-trobe! Where do you ride there? I've heard it's changed a lot in recent years (my parents are both deceased, so I haven't been up there in ages).

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

The first couple of LaraBars I tried were freebies, otherwise odds are good I never would have tried them. I'm scared away by foods that are natural and healthy

- jo "junk food magnet" bob

http://www.clifbar.com/eat/eat.cfm?location=nectar

I liked the cranberry. Bubba like the cinnamon pecan. I've got the lemon vanilla cashew packed for the trip.

Speaking of junk food. Veronica, how was the Sugar Daddy?

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    [url]Speaking of junk food. Veronica, how was the Sugar Daddy?
    Thom hasn't been gone that long has he? And V's already got a sugar daddy?

And she was oggling my calves yesterday because no male ones were in sight. 13 days to go . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JesTutripup
    Guess what?! They have new 'Nectar' bars for the first 250 addresses they receive. Here's the deal it just went up on the site the seventh of this month. So get riding, running, typing whatever to their site or the blog and you'll see NECTAR in the left margin.
    I lovethe Nectar bars. I stumbled upon them in Whole Foods. Especially the dark chocolate one. I can't remember the name, but it's obvious on the shelf, because it's the only chocolate one! I can't stand most "energy bars" because they're just toooo sweet. These are delicious and chewy, and not "sugary". I'm going to their website now!

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    http://www.clifbar.com/eat/eat.cfm?location=nectar

I liked the cranberry. Bubba like the cinnamon pecan. I've got the lemon vanilla cashew packed for the trip.
    Stay away from the Lemon Poppyseed. That was extrememly nasty.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Lemon poppyseed or Lemon Cashew? Isn't the lemon poppyseed a LunaBar? We have a lemon cashew already. We'll only risk a teeny-tiny nibble on your advice.

I'm with jobob, the larabars are yummy. I have an apple pie larabar every morning with a nice hot cup of smokey Lapsang Souchong tea. Trader Joe's only has the Apple pie, cherry pie and ginger ones. Banana cookie is good too when I can find it and the cocoa mole but also hard to find.

Oh no my chickidee...

Mickchick you wouldn't recognize Murrysville with all the rezoning and construction going on in the last four years.
    I usually ride old william penn and sardis. so many farmers forced out to road widening, walmart and strip malls from 66 out to monroeville..it's very sickening, but my legs are looking fabulous from these hills.

I despise East N'Park...this area needs an IHOP or atleast Jackson Hole restaurant. Almost everyone stuffs pork, beer, cigarettes and flour through their bodies. Grosssss...but, I love the summertime!!!

Oh I found them....The 'stinky' Probars! Sold at EMS.com. Eww the thought's turning my stomache. Sorry if anyone here loves them.
    Last edited by JesTutripup; 11-22-2005 at 04:24 PM.