Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question for spinning instructors..

To disable ads, please log-in.

I livw in a town on approx. 20,000 ppl in town. We have several gyms but no spinning class. There is one in a neighboring (and much smaller town) but I cant get off work intime to get there..... (enter question) I would like to in the next year or so become a spin class instructor. Whats do I need to learn / do to make this happen? I do my own thing on my trainer at home but I thought this could be a great way to earn extra $ ! Thanks in advance for any help, tips, encouragement
    Women are. Like tea bags; you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm certified through Madd Dog Athletics as a spin instructor. If you want to learn, I'd get on their website & see when their next training will be that is close to you. It's a one day class, you have to take a test & you're certified.

BUT, here's the deal. If there are no spinning outlets, where will you teach? Buying the bikes is expensive & some gyms are dropping spinning (at least around here).

As far as earning extra money - you would get $10-$25/class. You have to download your own music, pay for your own spin certification & keep it current through continuing education. You'll need to buy CD's and/or an IPod so you can play the music. You don't earn a lot of money.
    Last edited by Dogmama; 10-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid