Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Truth be told, no bike shops around here have women working in there, and guys can do just so much, so a lot of the time we are on our own to figure things out. That's what I am trying to do. I guess the "go to" saddle is the one women feel most comfortable with. I am still searching!

Murienn's marvelous saddle info thread should be the "go to" for everyone (male or female, really) looking for a saddle.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by jcl531 View Post
    I guess the "go to" saddle is the one women feel most comfortable with. I am still searching!
    This is my LBS's top-selling women's saddle...go figure. I had one...gave it to my MIL. She likes it. I know a couple of women who like it. It was a torture device for my crotch.

The women who like it tend to ride very upright and I think my LBS likely sells more cruisers to women than road bikes. My MIL has a custom Seven...ugliest bike I have ever seen. It's is ALL head-tube.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

OK, I've tried about six saddles, and the only one that came close to being tolerable was the Cobb V Flow Max, but instead of killing the soft tissue, it killed the inner sides where my legs join up with my torso. So, since my LBS didn't have an Adamo, I ordered one (Adamo Typhoon) on the Net and used it today. THIS IS MY SADDLE!!!! I finally found one. Did a 25 miler on it to test it out and I was thanking the heavens the whole ride. Not only was there no numbness on the girly parts, but the seat is made so your butt immediately gets back into the right place after stops, uphills, etc., so no more fidgeting in the seat. Extremely comfortable also in the drops. Thanks again everyone for all your help!!

Interesting you should ask. So I started to wonder if perhaps my stem might simply be a hair too long. My bike came with an 80mm, which I knew right away was too short and it made my bike's steering sorta scary. I talked to our LBS about going up 10mm, but our shop buddy didn't seem to think it was worth switching out just 1cm and talked me into the 100mm stem.

So I purchased a 90mm stem on a hunch and had my hubby put it on my bike.

Hmmm...I think my hunch was right all along. While the rest of my body can tolerate being relatively stretched-out and aggressive, that 100mm stem was just a hair too long. The 90 feels perfect. Now my only discomfort is that of having tights over shorts, which just feels like too much bulk under me.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2