Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    Hey..I was born and raised in NY too!! What part of NY are you from?

Keep up the great work with all of your training.
    Born in Kingston. Dad still lives there.

Lived in Kingston, New Paltz, & Wallkill as a kid (until 8th grade, when we moved to NJ). Lived in Manhattan & Queens during my first 3 years in college. Lived in Queens right after college, then in Pearl River in my mid 20s.

I've lived a lot of places. Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Oregon, Japan.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Ironman Training Days 15-16: Busy Weekend!
    http://susanotcenas.blogspot.com/201...5-16-busy.html
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    Born in Kingston. Dad still lives there.

Lived in Kingston, New Paltz, & Wallkill as a kid (until 8th grade, when we moved to NJ). Lived in Manhattan & Queens during my first 3 years in college. Lived in Queens right after college, then in Pearl River in my mid 20s.

I've lived a lot of places. Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Oregon, Japan.
    Good God. I was born in Buffalo, grew up in Albany, and went to SUC New Paltz my first two years of college. My mom was from Manhattan, dad from Brooklyn. Ah, New York.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Susan, I had relatives who lived in Kingston and I have never met anyone else who lived there! They owned/wrote for the local paper. They are second cousins/third cousins/great aunt and uncle, so you might know the third generation? Don't know if any of them still live there, though.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    They are second cousins/third cousins/great aunt and uncle, so you might know the third generation? Don't know if any of them still live there, though.
    Other than my Dad, I don't really know anyone in Kingston. I didn't keep in touch with any school mates.

I like the Hudson Valley. I've moved so many times in my life (more than 20) that I don't really consider any one place my "home town". That said, there's something about the Hudson Valley in general that just feels like my roots to me. The four REAL seasons, the changing leaves in the fall, the mix of deciduous and evergreens, the low rolling hills of the Shawangunk Mountains...
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Ironman Training Day 20: The Zombie Apocalypse

http://susanotcenas.blogspot.com/201...19-zombie.html
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Good God. I was born in Buffalo, grew up in Albany, and went to SUC New Paltz my first two years of college. My mom was from Manhattan, dad from Brooklyn. Ah, New York.
    Wow...I was born and raised in the Rochester area and went to college in the Finger Lakes. Beautiful area!!

Super excited to hear your journey and see you get to the start line, then the finish! We all know the bike is nothing you can't handle Training 3 disciplines at that distance will be an interesting new challenge.

I am really hoping to be able to come up and volunteer this year. I am racing Coeur d'Alene and I think they are just too close together, but a trip to Canada would be fun.

Congratulations