Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Dns

Dns

To disable ads, please log-in.

I feel totally disappointed about today's cyclocross race. It has poured here for a week straight and it was pouring when we woke up for the race this morning. We drove to the start and the mud and standing water was deep and it was 42 degrees and windy with pouring rain. My husband, who has raced there before, and I decided not to do it after all. I was so psyched and ready to go, but doubted we could even get much of a warmup in. Totally sucks. Hoping I did the right thing and still want to give cross a try.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

I have a friend in PA who was going to do her first ever CX race today, too...and bailed for the same reason. I told her to wait for a nicer day to try it for the first time, since she was feeling bad about wussing out. I don't think it's weak to want to ease into a sport like CX a bit. It's really hard even on the nicest of days.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Don't feel bad. I am an AVID CX racer well into my 5th season of racing. When I showed up at our big race this weekend after a night/morning of heavy rain, I wasn't that excited about racing in the wet and mud (I did, but I wasn't psyched!).

Ease into it - CX is fun, and sometimes the weather is just another part of the experience, but one you can deal with AFTER you get your feet [metaphorically] wet.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

For a first CX race nasty conditions aren't fun. They are doable and can make for epic rides / races though I rarely would say they are 'fun'. Sunny cool days make for awesome CX racing, give it a go on the next one. Keep riding and training until then. There will be more.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm really excited to race and have found two other local races in our NYCROSS series to try. One even has a sand pit
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bluebug32 View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm really excited to race and have found two other local races in our NYCROSS series to try. One even has a sand pit
    Be sure to post up how it goes!