Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hypothyroid

To disable ads, please log-in.

Started taking my dose of levoxyl yesterday. I know not to take calcium, multivitamin or iron supplements within 4 hours or to eat for one hour, but what about my OJ with calcium? Can I drink that in an hour with my breakfast, or does that count as a calcium supplement?

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

that counts.

I take my thyroid meds right before bed since I don't eat after dinner. I used to do first thing in the morning but I like my coffee first thing (and I don't drink it black) and I hated waiting to be able to eat breakfast lol.

Why didn't I think of that, Dannielle? Before bed would work much better for me. I did a little research, and at least one study indicated better absorption at bedtime vs. morning for levoxyl.

Grits

Hmmm...that's actually a pretty good idea about taking it at bedtime. So how long after the last meal would one have to wait before taking it at bedtime? I generally try and eat dinner/last snack by 7:30pm...so if I took it right before bed, that generally puts me at right around 10pm. Would that be okay?
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Everything I read said at least two hours after eating. The only problem I can think of is that I sometimes do like to have a glass of wine after dinner, so I'm not sure how that is going to work for me.

Grits

Did my six week blood work last week, and my results are in the normal range. (don't know exact level, but should get written results in mail soon).

The only real difference I have felt is on my bike rides. You might know from some other threads that I broke my foot about 11 weeks ago so have been limited to some stationary biking since then. I have just gotten back on the road in the past week and have done three 20 - 24 mile rides - and I felt great! In fact, to my surprise I have lost very little speed and endurance.

Before the accident, I was having some really bad rides. My legs would get very fatigued much sooner than they should, and I had a hard time keeping up even though I was riding more miles per week than anyone else. I blamed it on being one of the older riders and menopause, or maybe I wasn't really training hard enough, but I was secretly a little worried that something worse might be going on. I have felt much better and had more energy on these rides, even being out of training, than I had all summer. I hope it continues and isn't just the adrenaline from being back out on the road!

Grits

I take my synthroid at night with no problems.

FYI, you also cannot take it close to eating soy or walnuts.