Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Yet another crossing at the Rainbow Bridge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Friday we sent our 16 year old cat, Munk, to the bridge and today we lost our 12 year old mini lop rabbit, Marconi. Marconi had started out as a classroom rabbit but after a year was "expelled" from my classroom when he climbed up on the computer table and chewed his way through countless plugs and wires. Thank goodness he was not electrocuted. He quickly settled into his role as chief house rabbit but over time lost a lot of his privileges due to is attraction to wires. He had a wonderful personality and shared his "bunny kisses" every morning with me when presented with his fresh parsley and a nibble of peanut butter.

Recently, Marconi started slowing down. He developed a nasty eye infection and we tired many different treatments - sadly he responded to none of medications. In July he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and we started him on medication for this. Last week he suffered a seizure and over the course of this past week showed signs of neuropathy - front legs crossing over and the inability to "right" his front paws. DH fed him this morning and he showed no interest in his favorite treat - peanut butter. He was not a happy bunny and so we decided it was time to let him go.

We were blessed to have him in our lives. His personality made one and all smile. We will dearly miss him. Go in peace Marconi - the bestest bunny.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rabbit, cats and boat 004.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	13764  
    Marcie

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by makbike View Post
    He was not a happy bunny and so we decided it was time to let him go.

We were blessed to have him in our lives. His personality made one and all smile. We will dearly miss him. Go in peace Marconi - the bestest bunny.
    Oh, noooooooo.....
    Poor Marconi (and Munk). Poor Makbike and her DH. (((HUGS)))
    Always sad to let a critter go. I have a huge warm spot for buns, I know what wonderful beings they are. You did so right for him. 12 years is a wonderfully long life for him. He was one lucky bun....
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I'm so sorry! your heart must be breaking over and over again, I feel so badly for you. Take care of yourself!

Makbike -

I am so, so sorry to hear this. You have certainly had a rough year! Many hugs to you - so sad Your furbabies were lucky to have you in their lives - and you them....
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...