Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 29er or not?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Loraura View Post
    BSS Lamar does have the small to rent, I reserved one when I was there.

Now if it will just stop raining and dry out!
    I will keep that in mind if mine is in the shop on a non-rainy weekend again, they didn't have one last year so I went off my gut after testing the hardtail. Looks like next weekend the trails will be dry and fast. If not in town Pace Bend should be nice.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    Velocity has a huge selection of rims and you can order any of them in pretty much any size. My BF builds wheels as a big part of his job and he has made plenty a custom wheelset with Velocity rims and they are almost always less expensive than a pair of production wheels of equivilant quality would be. Here's the link to there 650b blunts.
    I'm a dope...I was thinking tires and typed wheels. Tires are the thing we're not finding easily, especially not with aggressive tread. Most are basically wheel chair tires.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

DH has a hard enough time finding 26" tires in stock anymore . . . . Can't imagine with 650b. You'd have to stock up.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Here's some good news for smaller riders. not out yet, but soon!

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/02/21/...es/#more-40287
    Santa Cruz is claiming their Small frames offer a shorter top tube and lower stand over height than most other brands’ extra-small offerings. Both bikes pictured here are Small frames, and they do indeed look plenty compact. In fact, the stand over on the Small Superlight is lower than the tire height. They were getting a lot of demand for smaller sizes, so they added the size to these new bikes. Depending on how sales go, they may add a small size to the Tallboy lineup.

Have you looked at Ellsworth? Also if you live anywhere close to Sacramento try to attend the North American Handmade Bicycle show March 2nd,3rd,4th
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Yay! on the Epic Comp 29. I took one home today - I am 5'7 and rode home a medium. An upgrade from my Kona Fire Mountain (which was lovely, btw). My friends had a 29'er and have expressed their love, so I jumped in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epic_29.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	14238  
    2015 CAAD10 | 2012 CAAD10 | 2012 Specialized Epic Comp | 2011 Specialized Transition Pro | 2010 Specialized Amira Expert |

I'm also in the market for a FS 29er and I'm 5'4". As part of my searching I came across this on MTBR. It's beautiful! And she's 5"4".

http://forums.mtbr.com/womens-lounge...do-764709.html