Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear Little Cat,

You're not allowed on the counters and tables. I don't know why, suddenly, you seem to think you are, but you're not, not now, not ever.

Signed,

The woman who feeds you

Dear little cat,

Why is it that you are eager to interact with the dog in the kitchen, but are scared of her everywhere else in the house? You were head-butting her and rubbing up against her and even licking her feet in the kitchen, but you won't even enter the living room if she's there. You are so strange....

Love, your mystified human servant

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear little cat,

Why is it that you are eager to interact with the dog in the kitchen, but are scared of her everywhere else in the house? You were head-butting her and rubbing up against her and even licking her feet in the kitchen, but you won't even enter the living room if she's there. You are so strange....

Love, your mystified human servant
    Perhaps they have decided that since food comes from that room that it is the "truce" zone?

Dear cats:

I give you food and water. I scoop your poop. I provide a cozy place (and a heat source) for all of you to curl up and sleep comfortably at night. Critter, I even feed and water your friends on the outside.

Will one of you take a break from spying on the neighbors and pleeeeeaaaaasssseeeee go refill my cider so I don't have to get off the couch?

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Dear Little Cat,

I DO NOT WANT YOUR BUTT THAT CLOSE TO MY FACE! MOVE!!

Thank you,

The woman who feeds you

Dear Chloe and Calypso,
    Where did you put the bathroom sink's drain plug? It was in it's proper place this morning after I brushed my teeth and left for work. How did you get it out of there anyway? You have a whole basket of toys, why yank the drain plug thingy?

Your Mom,
    who keeps you in kibble and catnip
    Beth

Dear cat owners:

Who wants to take a bet on how long Critter's first Christmas tree is going to last? Considering that he currently 1) bites everything that fits in his mouth, 2) chases everything that can be made to move, and 3) breaks everything he can knock over?

Dear boyfriend's cat:
    Your being in front of the pantry != automatic receipt of kitty treats.
    Stop complaining when you don't get them. I can hear you all the way over here.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear Frisbee,
    I understand how wonderful the Christmas tree is. I choose to enjoy it from a distance, not from within it as you prefer. However you choose to view it, please oh please, just don't eat it.

Love,
    the girl who dangles the toys
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    2003 Cannondale Bad Boy
    Motobecane Nobly (60's or 70's)

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Dear cat owners:

Who wants to take a bet on how long Critter's first Christmas tree is going to last? Considering that he currently 1) bites everything that fits in his mouth, 2) chases everything that can be made to move, and 3) breaks everything he can knock over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Dear Frisbee,
    I understand how wonderful the Christmas tree is. I choose to enjoy it from a distance, not from within it as you prefer. However you choose to view it, please oh please, just don't eat it.

Love,
    the girl who dangles the toys
    I've been pondering these same thoughts. Chloe Kitteh is in the "everything R my toys" stage.
    Which is why I haven't put up the Christmas tree yet.
    Beth

Rory-

Just a reminder: you are not a dog. Just because you like chasing the big dog toys, like to sleep in the dog's bed, and like the dog's jerky treats so much that we had to block the cupboard so you can't get to them, you are actually a cat, so please eat your own food which is provided in the dog-free room.

Thank you-
    the management.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Dear outdoor cat who's selected my down-the-street neighbors as its servants:

The scary workshop assistants are gone: The older RV dweller got fired; and the couch surfer, boudoir surfer, quasi-homeless slacker kid did too. It's now safe to hang out around their house. Please come around more often.

Actually, I wish you'd come as far as my house. My friends will be moving next summer, and then what will you do?
    Laura

Dear Cat,
    Where do you go all day? You are not allowed outside, and this house is not that big. I am all over this house, upstairs, basement, living room, den, office, all day and never see you. Then at 6:30 pm, poof, there you are, wanting your back scratched.

Signed,
    One of the people who feeds you.

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    I've been pondering these same thoughts. Chloe Kitteh is in the "everything R my toys" stage.
    Which is why I haven't put up the Christmas tree yet.
    Mine is artificial and pre-lit. So it's standing, with lights on, but nothing else. Yesterday I came home after 13 hours at work and one whole side of the tree was flat. Not sure if they climbed it or tipped it into the wall and it self-righted (the stand is very heavy!).

I'm debating a box of cheap plastic ornaments or just leaving it plain and lit. Maybe I'll make paper snowflakes and do tinsel and leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    I'm debating a box of cheap plastic ornaments or just leaving it plain and lit. Maybe I'll make paper snowflakes and do tinsel and leave it at that?
    We bought cheap shatterproof ones (which actually look really nice) for the bottom third Fortunately, our cat-monsters didn't climb the tree last year (knock wood!), so the nice ornaments near the top were ok.

I wouldn't do tinsel with a cat-monster who eats everything....sounds like a recipe for an emergency trip to the vet.