Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by winddance View Post
    Dear Mira,

Darling, I know you're a rocket-scientist type and I really do sense the worry on your face at the sudden cancellation of whatever it is you were planning when I show up at home off-schedule. I know you believe you've found the means to your plan for world domination, but your obsession with screens has got to be toned down.

I bought "Game for Cats" for you as a toy, which you and your not-brother seem to enjoy. But "Game for Cats" is only SOMETIMES on the screen of the iPad. It is NOT on my phone, in the laptop, or in my paperback. Paperbacks don't even have screens, even though they look like a Kindle app.

I'm sorry to get in the way of your plans, but I can only give you use of the iPad sometimes and only under my supervision. I do not want to find it on the floor when I come home. It is unnecessary to force your paws underneath it while I am using it. I am sure it loves you too, but repeated head-butting makes it difficult to read. When I am using it, I am not playing, "Game for Cats."

I'm sure you understand.

Love,
    Your adoring mother
    Hahaha. We play "Pocket Pond" on my iPhone. It's just a little pond that makes splashing noises when you touch it and these little fish swim around and around. It's absolutely fascinating...if you're furry.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Quote Originally Posted by winddance View Post
    ....I'm sorry to get in the way of your plans, but I can only give you use of the iPad sometimes and only under my supervision. I do not want to find it on the floor when I come home. It is unnecessary to force your paws underneath it while I am using it. I am sure it loves you too, but repeated head-butting makes it difficult to read. When I am using it, I am not playing, "Game for Cats."

I'm sure you understand.

Love,
    Your adoring mother
    Thank you for the belly laugh you just gave me while I envisioned all of this, thank you

Dear Aki,
    Why do you put your toy's in the toilet? It's gross!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

she thinks she's a raccoon, she's washing them.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

@Brandi & Biciclista - Thanks for making me nearly choke on my coffee due to laughing.

...snort...!
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

And she put's my hair bands in the toilet too!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Dear cats -

Thank you for all curling up in bed with me and adding some heat on this nasty afternoon. Even though I know two of you are here to cuddle and the third one is only here to make trouble (no, you aren't having any of my tortilla chips. I know you like them, but you'll leave crumbs all over my bed since you chew with your mouth open!)

Sincerely,
    Icicle mom

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Dear greedy boy

There's a can of food in one hand and your plate in the other-- breakfast is on the way. Yelling at me as loud as you can isn't going to make it come any faster! Shhh, it's only 5 am and we don't want to wake up the whole neighborhood...

Love, the can-opener

Dear junior cat

Yes, with our dog's death the pet heirarchy needs adjustment. But remember, even though you're all grown up now, you are still the smallest and youngest member of the household. As we've seen, senior cat is not interesting in giving up his position just yet. And don't forget that senior cat is six pounds heavier than you. Hang in there, you won't be junior forever, you just need to wait 5-10 years....

Love, the referee

Dear Figaroe,

Could you please stop howling at the top of your lungs at 1 a.m. 2 a.m.,3 a.m. etc. At 1 a.m. I got up and put you in your room with your bowl of food, closed the door and went back to bed. At 1:15 a.m. I hear you howling and banging on the door. I crawled out of bed, opened the door, put your food away and it starts over at 2 a.m. Now, we know you are not hyperthyroid as you were treated for this 7 years ago. Thyroid check last week was fine! Are you afraid of the dark? Do you have kitty Alzheimer's? Could we please have a night of solid sleep?

Your beloved humans!
    Marcie

Dear Chloe Kitten,
    I am not your enemy, really. But you do need to take your meds. Dr. C and I are trying to help your lungs clear and get you to feeling better.

Dear Gods of KittyKats - please don't let Chloe have chronic lung problems. I already went through this with Erin Cat. She's up there with you, she can tell you all about it.

Sign me,
    Worried Mom
    Beth

(((Beth and Chloe))). I hope she starts cooperating and gets better soon.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Dear Cat,

I don't know who took you into the lift when you were sniffing around our lift lobby and took you to basement 3 where you were found 12 hours later with the holy c**p beaten out of you by another cat. But if I find that person, and there HAS to be a person involved considering how the lift is the only way to get there and you are pathologically afraid of the lift, I will beat the stuffing out of him/her. I hope your little kitty mind is loopy with sedatives and painkillers at the vet while they stitch your lip up and let your missing claw heal. And that you get to eat something in the IV. And also, that you start peeing soon. When you come home, I'll cook you some shrimp.

Love,
    Your Tante

Makbike, my mother actually swears that our cat is afraid of the dark and leaves nightlights all over the house for him. You could try that with your kitty.
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

Dear Kitty

You are on my lap, and I am petting you. Just because I am not looking at you as I pet you is not a reason to rise up, meow and paw my face.

Sincerely, the person who is never more than a foot or two away.