Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh dear, kajero...

Dear cat,

gee, you really are smart. We were wondering why you didn't come over to brag about the big dead magpie, but just hunkered down there and stared at it. Unfortunately the magpie was even smarter - and fast. It's probably sitting in a tree right now telling tall tales to all its gabby friends about how it fooled the cat by playing dead. Sorry about that.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by Norse View Post
    You too Athena cat. Kindly stop lifting up your rear while in the box and spraying your pee on the side of the box and over the top of the box. Sheesh, we even bought the jumbo size and still you get it over the top!
    Norse,

We had this problem when brought a new female into the house (well now she lives in the garage). Then our mail cat started standing to pee and spray. We had to resort to covered boxes. Works well now!

K
    katluvr

Dear Taffy
    It's great that your former human slave got you accustomed to a harness and lead, really it is. I enjoy taking the occasional walk around the street with you. Note the word "occasional". Honestly, I'd have gotten a dog if I wanted to be out for hours at a time, two or three times a day. Please, please, give me a rest.
    And stop climbing the fence in the back yard to run along the tops of all the townhouse fences. Their yards aren't any more interesting than ours, I promise. I realize that you are part-Siamese and very athletic, but at age 12 you should at least be behaving like an adult cat and not the worlds' oldest kitten.
    Queen of the sea beasts

Dear Mica,
    Sorry the dog chased you yesterday. We both thought she'd given up on that sort of thing. Remember, there's something you can do to stop this: imitate your buddy Moses and get aggressive. When the dog is looking frisky, get in her face growling and snarling and don't hesitate to use those claws. She's a smart dog, and will understand that you are not to be trifled with.

Dear cat,
    you are the closest thing to a grandchild that I'm gonna get, looks like. Thanks for playing along.
    Grammy loooooves you sooooo much!

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by lauraelmore1033 View Post
    Dear cat,
    you are the closest thing to a grandchild that I'm gonna get, looks like. Thanks for playing along.
    Grammy loooooves you sooooo much!
    LOL!!! Yes I feel the same way with my kitties.

Dear Itty Bitty Kitty: A hernia? Really? I sure hope the vet is right that it's closed and that you aren't in any danger. Please don't get sick while we're on vacation. I'll give you more toys if you cooperate. Sound like a plan?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

umbilical hernia? your cat is probably fine. I have had more than one cat like that. Just don't let him get too fat!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    umbilical hernia? your cat is probably fine. I have had more than one cat like that. Just don't let him get too fat!
    It likely happened when she was spayed. She was another stray who found us, Mimi. She was impossible to keep quiet post-op, and she probably didn't heal properly. The vet thinks it's now closed and she did a fine needle aspiration to verify that there were no intestinal cells. So, it appears that it's just fat tissue involved and short of her reopening it, she should be fine. There's no sign that it's bothering her.

Just a tiny bit of back story, Mimi, since you're a cat person. We spayed her in May with the idea we'd care for her outside until we could find a home. Then it got blazin' hot, and she wasn't doing well. So we brought her inside. Then we decided we'd try to integrate her into cat household. She went back to the vet for a more comprehensive check up. She had an ear infection, mites and a chipped tooth which soon abscessed and was extracted.

We eventually got her straightened out and began the integration process. It hasn't gone well. She's not overly aggressive, but our other female can't stand her. We've tried nearly every trick in the book. So, we're back to trying to find her a suitable home. It's not easy. Plus, I adore her. She's about the spunkiest, funniest cat I've ever met. When we realized last night that she might have a hernia, I could see my husband mentally packing his bags. He's nearing the end of his rope, but I'm the various avenues I've tried thus far haven't yielded a home.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

indy, I wish i had some great words for you about your little cat. Maybe you could make her a shelter outside that is good for cold and hot? but honestly, sounds like she likes to be indoors and that isn't working well either. It has taken a few years but now my #2 cat and #3 cat have finally come to a truce. I make sure #3 cat does NOT trespass on the part of the bed #2 prefers, I really treat her like she is beneath the other cat, she accepts that (to me; unfair!) treatment, and they are actually getting along now. no love, but the screaming, carrying on and hissy fits are gone. So TIME? I'm sorry about your husband's short rope. My husband (who brought home #3) was amazingly oblivious to all the rancor caused by the new cat.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Dear Isis,
    Why did you have to wake me up this morning by trying to stick all four sets of claws into my scalp? What does that accomplish other than a pissed-off human and a scared kitty?

Also, stop eating cardboard. It's not good for your digestive system. You don't think wet cat food is actually food, and yet you think cardboard is food?
    And for the record, I'm clipping your claws, not trying to cut off your toes. You don't need to wail like that. Besides, you get treats afterward! Aren't treats great?

Mom
    Last edited by Owlie; 09-11-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear Mica,

Thanks for letting me sleep in an extra half-hour this morning. And thanks for quietly curling up with me while I was flopped out on the couch feeling miserable. You've been a good, understanding kitty for a human who seems to have gotten the flu very early.

Dear Chloe,
    You have lots of lovely toys, some of them are even stuffed with catmint, therefore please refrain from picking out things from the compost bowl on the kitchen counter, such as broccoli ends or melon rinds, to play with. Yes, I know I should take the contents of the bowl out to the actual compost bin every day, but I don't. That doesn't make them your toys. Further, please quit picking off the flower buds from the plant in the kitchen window - they aren't your toys either. Tonight I'll look for the plastic easter eggs that you love to roll - did you push them to where you can't reach again?
    Beth

Dear Cat,
    you are such a sweetheart sometimes. I wish you weren't such a hypochondriac and I wish you wouldn't think you were dying on a Sunday morning when a vet visit costs a fortune, but still - thanks for purring and smiling at us all the time while we're poking you to find out why you feel ill, and thanks for lapping up your antibiotics as if it actually tastes good. I've forgiven you the two dead birds last week and the rat under the couch.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Dear kitties,

I have been such a bad mama. All I've been seeing is the collecting cat fuzz on the furniture and floors, the puke and hair balls, the small scratches on the furniture and the $500 vet bill to take all 3 of you in for an appointment! And then I learned that one of you has cancer and kidney failure I have no words now, just an ache in my heart. I can't even imagine going through with the recommended step. But I have seen for awhile now how uncomfortable you've been and that saddens me as well.
    Can we just snuzzle all afternoon? I'll gently brush your fur and I'll even let you snot all over me with your wet nose.

Love you all,
    Mama
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog