Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    So Paris likes to drink from the bathroom faucet.
    And the cats sleep on our bed at night.
    Around 3:15 this morning, Paris decides he's thirsty.
    So rather than walking down the hallway to his waterbowl, pounces on yours truly. Literally. All 13 pounds of him. I must have felt him walking up the bed, because I opened my bleary eyes just in time to see a black blob coming down on me from a height of about 18".
    I lay there for about a minute. Shock. Confused. Finally, I decide, "Well, I'm awake. I may as well do what I do every time I wake up at 3 in the morning." So I go to the bathroom, and there is Paris, sitting on the sink, waiting for me.
    Purrrrrrr.....A purr, a prance, and a paw at the sink bowl. Awww...Isn't he just so cute. Not.

Hmmm...it was sort of this last night.
    both of my cats love to drink from the bathroom faucet, but their methods of waking us is completely different. Tux (the 18 pound maine coone) head butts me with his forehead,usually aiming for my cheekbones or chin, repeatedly and not gently, purring like a maniac all the time. Ike the little (5 pound full grown) rescue kitty who sleeps curled around my head, digs her claws in slightly and starts madly grooming my hair, focusing on the areas where there is not much hair or on my upper forehead. She grooms until it is too painful to stand, at which point I get up, wander in to use the toilet after turning on the water to a trickle in both sinks. By this time both dogs are awake and decide they need to go out- the whole process usually takes about half an hour although lately the cats have been sleeping in to almost 5 am before the circus games begin. It's a good thing that I can always fall asleep after .

I love them all dearly but from time to time a feel a strong temptation to teach them to fly.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Heheh. Lyra doesn't mess around with trying to be cute anymore. She miaows quietly and hopefully outside the bedroom door, and if we're stupid enough to let her in, she just walks around on top of us until we give up and get up. 5 1/2 kgs of cat on pointy little paws and a blank stare.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Dearest Little Lucy:

Whatever you ate (string, lint, mouse, plant leaves, something you found on the floor that looked interesting...) that caused you to throw-up violently, and stop eating and caused us many trips to the vet, very large vet bills and worrying that we were going to lose you until you finally, right before surgery was scheduled today, eliminated what was stuck inside you, um... please don't do that again.

Your loving, and with much less $, moms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	14147

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

Dear Chloe,
    come over here and read the post about Lucy. You have lots of toys, why did you need to grab the pastry brush from the drain rack. Good thing I got it away from you before you decided to chew on it.

We don't need to go see Dr. C. Trust me on this.

signed,
    The lady who provides you a nice warm house and kibble

Norse - glad to hear Lucy is feeling better.
    Lucy - just ask her for catnip. Trust me on this.
    Beth

Thanks BMC. Lucy update: last night, a shoelace appeared from her behind; called vet who said it should now be safe to gently pull it out as her system was emptied; out came an approximate 15" long shoelace. Yes, little Lucy ate a shoelace sometime last week and this caused all her problems. Today, she is once again our food fiend kitty, running all over the house and looking for more things to put in her mouth.

2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norse View Post
    Thanks BMC. Lucy update: last night, a shoelace appeared from her behind; called vet who said it should now be safe to gently pull it out as her system was emptied; out came an approximate 15" long shoelace. Yes, little Lucy ate a shoelace sometime last week and this caused all her problems. Today, she is once again our food fiend kitty, running all over the house and looking for more things to put in her mouth.

Dear Lucy,
    STOP IT! Norse is a nice Mom, she will see to it that you get plenty of food so you don't need to eat rediculous things like shoe strings. I'm glad you passed the long shoe string, but dearheart it could have killed you. If you're bored while she's a work, then maybe you should show her the ads for pet toys.

sign me, a friend and Mom of a couple of kitties
    Beth

Wow, Norse. I'm glad Lucy's okay. I've had my fair share of kitty stress, so I really feel for you.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thanks for the positive thoughts! Lucy looks and acts like she is completely back to normal, thank goodness. We, of course have been showering her with attention, much to the consternation of Athena cat and Katy dog. But as we tell them, "we love you all equally."

Looking back, we have now almost lost 4 pets unexpectedly at a relatively younger age: my last dog had a tumor the size of a softball in his intestines; Katy had liver failure - after which the vet told us she had not expected her to make it; Isis kitty had some form of an awful virus; and now little Lucy Loo. All recovered and thrived. Now if we can just keep Lucy more interested in the cat giant basket of toys and less interested in string, plants, drapery cords....

2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar

Dear Cat,

Why must you only want to knead on my lap when I'm wearing tights? Shredded tights are not in fashion!!

Signed,

Your exasperated owner
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Dear Joe the confused,

Well, you're living up to your epithet again. The way the dog was sprawled on the couch last night, her nipples were in clear sight. Very tempting for a cat who still likes to suckle, I'm sure. But she's a dog, and you are a cat. What's more, she's a dog who's not interested in letting you nurse. As you found out. Next time, why not stick to Moses? At least he's a fellow cat, and seems to enjoy having you suckle.

Dear Cats:

I agree that the new hand knotted wool rug is nicer than the pine pellets in your boxes. At least the rug was nicer until you peed all over it. But no, I am not going to switch the contents of your box.

Get over it.

PS, you still crack me up!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Dear Malkin
    you might have a problem. In my days of fostering cats, we found a couple kitties who absolutely would NOT use the pine pellets. They will do anything to avoid touching the things with their tiny toes. Most cats are not so picky.
    good luck.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Thanks for the good wishes.
    They have used the pine pellets flawlessly for 2 months and 8 months and before that at the shelter before we got them.

We are doing some remodeling and I think they don't like the commotion. I hardly blame them. I don't like it either.

Oh--and I meant that I wouldn't switch their box to hand knotted wool rug yarn. If they insist, I'll switch to some other kind of litter.

Right now they are in jail (confined). The gray older one is contrite, and the little red one is completely clueless.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear Joe the confused,
    Best cat name ever!!!!

I hope you call him the full thing sometimes
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Dear Cat,

No, I have not forgotten that you tried to remove my hand at the wrist ten minutes ago, when you got a bit carried away with the whole hiding-behind-the-computer-screen game. So you can just give up on curling around and being all purry and cute just because you suddenly found out you're hungry.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett