Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear Laverne and Shirley,

No, it is not humorous when you bolt out the door as soon as I open it when coming home. Nevermind the fact that you don't get very far as you only escape into the corridor, but I'm sure you enjoy me calling your name down the hallway and the show I put on for the neighbors when I have to chase and "catch" you.

Signed,
    No treats for you today.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    Dear Anxious,

I'm punishing you.

Henry
    I wish it was just that. He seems downright weak and lethargic.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Dear Mom
    feed me now.
    Don't even TRY to read that newspaper
    Love Enza
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    I wish it was just that. He seems downright weak and lethargic.

Dear black and white kitty--
    Thank you for staying put while I rode past you...I just hope you did the same thing for the car behind me!

Dear DBF's cat--
    No, rubbing on the phone will not magically make it produce treats, and it may or may not persuade the humans to give you treats either. You don't need any. You're fat enough as it is.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Dear Mom
    feed me now.
    Don't even TRY to read that newspaper
    Love Enza
    Mine were doing that this morning. Wasn't about food, but an approaching thunderstorm.

Dear boy cats,

Why are you so mean to the girl cat at meal times? You each have the same things on your plates; it's not like she has something extra-special or twice as much. Why don't you let her eat in peace, instead of pushing her away from her plate?

Love, your can opener

Henry, please get better ASAP. Mommy can only take so much. I'm glad I listened to my gut and got you into the vet, but the fact that your temp is over 104 and you've lost a pound in two weeks has me freaked out. I love you so much buddy. You're supposed to live to a ripe old age, so please stop getting sick.

Signed,

Your sad and worried Mother
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I'm sorry, Indy Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and Henry!

Get well soon Henry and stop worrying your mother!
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Ok, my 1 year adopted black Jag! What is with you? So, I went away for the weekend to visit my elderly parents. I had someone feed and pet you. So, I get home and every time you come in the door and realize someone is in the house you run out the door as quick as you came in like you don't recognize me and Dad?

Are you nuts or what? When you wanted a lap and a bed all night, you sure didn't act like you didn't recognize me! You Crazy Cat with the anxiety disorder

Thanks guys. This happened last year as well. He spent a week at the vet and they were never able to pinpoint what he had--which makes what may be a repeat performance all that more frustrating. He at least doesn't seem nearly as sick as last time. He was practically catonic then and was having diarrhea and vomiting. This time, he's been eating and drinking pretty normally and without incident. It's really the fever primarily. I kept him at the vet so that they can keep a close eye on him. If he doesn't respond to treatment in 24 hours then we'll start running various labs. He had bloodwork in late July that was normal. Ugh.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Thanks guys. This happened last year as well. He spent a week at the vet and they were never able to pinpoint what he had--which makes what may be a repeat performance all that more frustrating. He at least doesn't seem nearly as sick as last time. He was practically catonic then and was having diarrhea and vomiting. This time, he's been eating and drinking pretty normally and without incident. It's really the fever primarily. I kept him at the vet so that they can keep a close eye on him. If he doesn't respond to treatment in 24 hours then we'll start running various labs. He had bloodwork in late July that was normal. Ugh.
    Indy - could he be diabetic? One of my kitties, who used to like to eat, then didn't, turned out to be diabetic. Seems blood work is on order to me.
    Beth

Dear fuzz-face,
    Why the sudden fascination with flinging my socks into the air and then pouncing on them?
    Your doorperson
    2011 Scott CX Team/Koobi Xenon
    2005 Bike Friday NWT/Selle Royal Lookin
    2001 Bianchi Giro/Terry Butterfly Ti
    1970s Centurion Le Mans/Ancient waffle saddle

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Indy - could he be diabetic? One of my kitties, who used to like to eat, then didn't, turned out to be diabetic. Seems blood work is on order to me.
    His blood glucose has been normal thus far, plus no excessive thirst or urination. Certainly I'll double check though.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Indy I hope he's feeling better soon!

Dear Critter:
    I know you spent the first 6 months of your life dumpster-diving, but could I just eat my food in peace? Yours is down in the bowl in your room. I don't know what you find so appealing about peach cobbler anyway (or salad, for pete's sake!). And you're gonna have to get over this "only-nice-when-you-want-food" thing.

Signed,
    The stingy person who won't share her food

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Dear Henry: I'm so glad your fever has broken. I hope it stays that way. I'm sorry, buddy, but you're going to have to stay at the vet a bit longer until Daddy can pick you up this evening. Think of it this way: at least at the vet, your sister isn't there to beat you up. You know how she is when you come home from the vet. And, yes, I am going to reschedule your teeth cleaning. You aren't getting off that easy.

Please, please, please stay healthy from now on. I know you're getting older, but I can't bear the thought of losing you. I was so sad when we lost your big sister, but you know you're my special boy. I've never loved anything quite like you.

--Mary Anne Radmacher