Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have no kitty but have any of you seen the you tube that is floating around on facebook of the cat playing Jinga with his owner
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

That is adorable! Love the interaction, that's one pleased and entertained cat.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Dear Brendon,

You came to me from People and Cats together rescue group back in October of 2000. The very nice person who ran the organization was fostering you and she said you were the very best boy. She said you were full grown but after we adopted you, we think you were around 1 year old. You had a vibrant youthful energy, the curiosity of a young cat. Yet you never really got into trouble all these years. I never taught you to stay off the counter. Yet you never jumped on the counter. For a stray you really never were interested in dashing outside. And you had a very nice older main coon to be your best bud.

Over the years, you helped me raise litter after litter of bottlefed kittens. Showed them the cats way. Let the kittens climb on you, scratch you, bite you but you were always very patient.

And now after 14 great years, the age is finally catching up. Then again it is to all of us. The person who rescued you and fostered you suffered a stroke. She is okay just bit frail now. Your mom is living a life very different than when she picked you up. Along the way, your furry family has grown to nine other cats and three new dogs. The dogs you first met have been gone for ten years maybe more.

I just hope whatever ails you right now is just temporary.

Maybe you'll eat some pureed chicken (baby food). You need to regain your weight. Losing more than 10% of your body weight in about a month is not a good thing. And your vet trip today just really knocked the wind out of you. You were napping as I lay next to you. I held your head and caressed your back. You purred most of the hour with your tongue sticking out.

I hope you had a very nice dream.

Love mom,

Brendon,
    Hope you get to feeling better soon, and that your vet has found out why you don't feel very good. Is it your thyroid? Or blood sugar perhaps? According to my big sister Calypso, she had an older sister cat who had thyroid problems (hyperthyroid) and a big brother catta who was diabetic. Mum took good care of them until they crossed the rainbow bridge at the age of 17 hooman years.

~ Chloe
    (who hyjacked Mum's computer)
    Beth

Thank you Beth,

Every day he is here and healthy is another day of joy for me. He means a lot to me. He seems to be getting over the semi emergency vet visit the other day. The blood test came back and only real issue is he is in early stages of renal failure at between stage 1 and stage 2. He does have thickened intestine so he may have cancer.,, He did have one minor procedure done while we were there last week but that will be TMI for most people. Lets just say, he seems to be relieved.

The good vet wants to do a biopsy of the thickened intestine but what is the point? If he has it then I feel like I'm torturing him at his age. If he doesn't then why put him through the pain to begin with. So he is on steroids to help him get over the hump. He has a real good appetite for now with cooked organic/free range chicken breast (chicken we raise). He seems to be lot more alert. And he is happy and content being next to me.

so we are taking one day at a time. He seems to be out of the woods for now.

Dear Cats,

I'm not trying to poison you. Those little white things are pills. So please do not bite off my finger or rake me with your sharp claws. One of you get three different meds each day. another gets just one pill a day and third one gets a topical ointment. And please do not lick it off.

Medicine was expensive but more importantly, its for your own good.

We've just gotten another one from the SPCA. They really dropped the ball with her right from the start.

First they described her as "seal point" and didn't post a picture. She's actually a light blue point, verging on lilac, so if her original owners had phoned them to ask if she'd been brought in, they'd likely have been told there was no such cat in the shelter. (They double as city animal control, so all strays are brought to them.)

Second, she's pregnant - at least 6 weeks pregnant! How could they have missed that? They had ample time to spay her before it got this far. Now we have to rush off tomorrow and have a prenatal spay done. We considered letting the kittens be born, but they've been exposed to several vaccines, deworming medication, and anaesthetic (for a tooth removal) in the last 3 weeks, all of which could lead to lifelong health problems even if they are born alive.

On the plus side, she's really sweet, impossibly cute, and already gets along with our big male. Right now she's exploring the house and has gotten into trouble just once, checking out the space behind the dryer. I had to pull it out to get her out of there. Not that well trained - every time she tries to scratch furniture we pick her up and carry her over to the scratching post, so eventually she'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuliajuk View Post
    We've just gotten another one from the SPCA. They really dropped the ball with her right from the start.

First they described her as "seal point" and didn't post a picture. She's actually a light blue point, verging on lilac, so if her original owners had phoned them to ask if she'd been brought in, they'd likely have been told there was no such cat in the shelter. (They double as city animal control, so all strays are brought to them.)

Second, she's pregnant - at least 6 weeks pregnant! How could they have missed that? They had ample time to spay her before it got this far. Now we have to rush off tomorrow and have a prenatal spay done. We considered letting the kittens be born, but they've been exposed to several vaccines, deworming medication, and anaesthetic (for a tooth removal) in the last 3 weeks, all of which could lead to lifelong health problems even if they are born alive.

On the plus side, she's really sweet, impossibly cute, and already gets along with our big male. Right now she's exploring the house and has gotten into trouble just once, checking out the space behind the dryer. I had to pull it out to get her out of there. Not that well trained - every time she tries to scratch furniture we pick her up and carry her over to the scratching post, so eventually she'll get it.
    Congrats! Siamese are my favorite! Both of ours are Siamese mixes from the pound.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Had those growing up. Wonderful kitties!
    She may have gotten her colouring from a Himalayan/Persian ancestor, as she has a little turned-up nose. She's playful and active enough to be part Siamese, though. We get her back today at 4:00. I hope it goes well, prenatal spays are riskier than regular spays.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Hope everything goes well, there.

Can you post a picture of her when you have one? Sounds adorable.
    It's working out better than we'd hoped. They're playing together, he's licked her forehead a few times, and they're starting to sleep close together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040606.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	17537Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020196.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	17538
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020196.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	17536  
    Last edited by nuliajuk; 02-02-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    Queen of the sea beasts

Beautiful cats!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Your kitty littler made a the biggest mess and where did you do your business?

I thought I might try to go for a bike ride (in honor of my friends birthday seeing as she is the one who got me in to riding again) or take a class to start using my membership at LTF again (once again in honor of her birthday), but she is going to have to take a raincheck.

I am now taking a well needed break to write this.

The sump pump malfunctioned in the laundry room during the heavy rain last night and I now have the biggest mess to clean up in the laundry room. There is water everywhere! Of course, I has just changed the kitty litter tub last night which got entirely soaked and spilled out onto the floor. I also bought new boxes of kitty litter on Sunday. Fortunately, I was able to save the most of the kitty litter in the boxes, but there is wet kitty litter all over the place and everyone knows what happens when kitty litter gets wet. It’s nearly impossible to clean up. If you let it dry it gets hard as a rock and sticks to the floor. When it is wet it’s like cleaning up goo. And I can't find where she did her business while her kitty little was under siege.

The carpet right outside the laundry room door is entirely soaked. I used to have rug on it which may have helped keep the carpet a little dryer but I don't remember where it went. I will have to use the shop vacuum to get the water out of the rug . . . it's that wet.

So far I have been cleaning for two hours. Everything on the floor has seems to have kitty litter on it and needs to be rinsed off. Once I get the water sopped up with towels and then use the shop vac I think I will take everything to the laundry mat to wash which means using another two hours of my time when I could be doing something else at home.

It’s sad, because I was invited out to dinner tonight but I doubt I will get this project done in time to go. And even if I do get it done I will probably be too tired to drive to the other side of the world anyway (from New Hope to Burnsville).

Now, if anyone has nothing to do and wants to help a damsel in distress . . .
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

Yuck, sounds like a terrible mess. Too bad you're missing out on fun plans. Hopefully you can reschedule with your friends for another day.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles