Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear Cougar & Ransom
    Why do you sleep all day and stay awake all night? You look so peaceful sleeping in the sun right now. How can you be such brats at 1:00 a.m.? I have so much trouble falling asleep and then after I do, you seem to need to pounce on me. I do love you, but can't you just be a little more considerate?
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

Sounds about right. Crazy O'Clock lasts between 11:00 pm and 1:00 am, human time.

When I first got Isis, she wanted to play fetch at 4am.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear Ransom,

More than anything I wanted to go bike riding today. It is sunny and warm. It is nearing the end of September and I don't know how many good riding days are left. But as I made the bed this morning, I found your most recent "throw-up" on the queen size quilted bedspread. I thought we had gotten past that stage of your life. Now I have to spend the afternoon at the local Laundromat!

When we went on vacation, my brother came over, gave you a treat, and cleaned the kitty litter every day. You never threw up that whole two weeks we were gone. If you did, I never found it. So now you are back to your old habits. I read somewhere it could be because we are stressing you out. Well, my brother does not want to adopt you so you can be around less stress, so please try to be more considerate. If you must throw up, please do it on the bathroom floor where it is easy to clean up. Thank you.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD

Dearest kitty,
    Why have you taken to lurking behind my chair? I know we don't have the arrangement we had in the old place, so that you could sit in "your" chair and keep an eye on me, but surely you must realize that behind a rolling chair is not a good place to sit.

The human.

Sounds like kitty needs one of those soft roll up beds near you so he can watch!

Dear Ransom & Cougar

My SO keeps telling me I snore. I can't convince him that it is you, Ransom. You snore so loudly that sometimes I can't get to sleep. And if I finally do get to sleep, sometimes your snoring will even wake me up.

Cougar, you have a "purring" kind of snoring. It is not too bad. It does sound strange though.

Please sleep somewhere besides our bedroom if you have to snore. SO's snoring is bad enough..

The lady who gives you a treat every morning and every evening.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD

Quote Originally Posted by kajero View Post
    Dear Ransom & Cougar

My SO keeps telling me I snore. I can't convince him that it is you, Ransom. You snore so loudly that sometimes I can't get to sleep. And if I finally do get to sleep, sometimes your snoring will even wake me up.

Cougar, you have a "purring" kind of snoring. It is not too bad. It does sound strange though.

Please sleep somewhere besides our bedroom if you have to snore. SO's snoring is bad enough..

The lady who gives you a treat every morning and every evening.
    LOL! We had one that snored so loudly, you could hear it in the basement under the bedroom - she slept near the heating duct. Daintiest, prettiest cat you ever saw, but snored like a large male human.

Speaking of nocturnal habits, does anyone know if blue-eyed cats in general are less nocturnal than cats with the normal green/yellow/orange eye colour? Last time we took ours for her physical, I mentioned to the vet that she didn't seem to see as well in dim light as any other cat we'd ever had, and that she was much more diurnal than nocturnal. The vet said she would have a different ratio of rods and cones in her retina than a normal eye colour cat. When she examined Taffy's eyes she said that the retina was wavering (jiggling?), which apparently is normal for siamese and siamese mixes. Has anyone here had a non-colourpoint blue eyed cat and noticed that it wasn't very nocturnal? The colourpoint gene is a form of albinoism, but I don't know what's going on gene-wise for other blue-eyed cats.
    Queen of the sea beasts

Dear Joe,

Didn't you see that the warmest spot on the kitchen counter was already occupied by a loaf of rising bread dough? Looks like it made a comfy seat for you, but PLEASE! I wasn't planning on giving it another rise. In this cool fall weather it was already taking long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear Joe,

Didn't you see that the warmest spot on the kitchen counter was already occupied by a loaf of rising bread dough? Looks like it made a comfy seat for you, but PLEASE! I wasn't planning on giving it another rise. In this cool fall weather it was already taking long enough.
    Hah! Awesome :-D

Our Lyra likes to lie halfway on top of odd objects for no discernable reason, but she's never picked a loaf of bread!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

This is a bicycle website and this thread is for cats, right? so the cat wants to go bicycling -- but should I tell her she is backwards?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catonbike.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	16736
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD

Re: Dear Cat

Sweet! Thanks for the photo!

This is a bicycle website and this thread is for cats, right? so the cat wants to go bicycling -- but should I tell her she is backwards?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catonbike.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	16736
    Aww! You should get her a little trail-a-bike!

(Mine is a tiny mechanic. She will happily inspect your tires, chain and cables after a ride!)

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Hah! Awesome :-D

Our Lyra likes to lie halfway on top of odd objects for no discernable reason, but she's never picked a loaf of bread!
    We used to have a devon Rex that loved to sleep draped across the cable box so much that he had no hair left on his chest,belly and crotch.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Dear Cats

I spent nearly 30 minutes cleaning the glass insert on our coffee table that sits in front of the couch. Couldn't you have let me enjoy the sparkling clean surface for at least a couple of hours before you walked al over it and left your paw prints???
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD

Dear Cats

I spent nearly 30 minutes cleaning the glass insert on our coffee table that sits in front of the couch. Couldn't you have let me enjoy the sparkling clean surface for at least a couple of hours before you walked al over it and left your paw prints???
    Try a layer of Saran Wrap over the glass for a couple of days. Cats don't like how it feels on their feet! Aversion training works. This is also good for scratching on furniture, or at least it did for me.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."