Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

dear tuxie and miss ike

Just once could I please brush my teeth and wash my face at night without having to move a kitty butt out of each sink, repeatedly?

Miss Ike,

today I found 50, yes I did count them, of your milk rings under the Welsh Cupboard in the bedroom. I thought you were looking a bit deprived. I am going to time how many days it takes you to fish them individually out of the drawer and hide them.

Tuxie,

Yes baby, I know that my hot sweaty exercise clothes and biking cloths are dirty and need washing. I do not need you leaping into the laundry basket,fishing out the items individually and strewing them along the hallway to the kitchen and laundry room while I am asleep. Honest.

thank you both sweeties,

your caregiver.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Nope, sometimes it's by the litterbox, others it's across the room. There is purposeful litter box avoidance. But she'll pee in the box. The really crazy thing was I took her with me to a friend's house for the weekend, along with one of the litter boxes. She was a perfect house guest and used the box all weekend. Came home, put the same box down, and she poops next to it.
    Beth, maybe it's the kind of litter you use?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgQueen View Post
    Anyone have multicat household? I HIGHLY recommend this gigantic litter box that can hold 25-40 lbs of litter. I do have two smaller ones spread out, but all the cats use this box and very easy to clean.
    Yep, we have 2 of those in the basement...they are awesome (I mean, if a litter box can BE awesome)!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Dear sweet big strong Lyra,

yes, we know you are a wild and independent creature with a rich, and let's not forget, nocturnal life. We all worship the ground you pound along on.

But honestly - when you sleep all day, upside down, on the rocking chair (yes, ds was home all day, he blabbed on you) - and then spend all night:
    1. catching a mouse, bringing it in alive and then chasing it around the living room
    2. getting into a loud fight with the tom cat next door not once but three times in the course of the night...

you're out of sympathy. Yes, I got up to check that you were all right. No, I won't be doing that next time. Shut up and go to sleep. You have a cat flap and can come inside, just let it go.

- your exhausted house inhabitants
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Dear Big Cat,

Thanks for getting off the loveseat before puking up a hairball; that was nice of you.

Appreciatively,

The woman who feeds you

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Yep, we have 2 of those in the basement...they are awesome (I mean, if a litter box can BE awesome)!
    We're in the process of switching to stainless steel litter pans. Those are most definitely awesome! Stuff doesn't stick nearly as badly to them as to plastic, and they're easy to sanitize.

I never thought that I could love a litter pan...

I'd LOVE to get one of those, but I've never seen one big enough for my luggs. Both of my cats are over 16 lbs, and one of my cats is extremely long...neither fit well in standard litter boxes. I have one of those HUGE litter boxes that fits a cement truck full of litter.

Dear Elliott,

I do love you dearly, but you must understand that sometimes the two-footed cats need "alone" time. We really don't need your help and support when we're trying to use the restroom.

Love,
    The woman who wishes you didn't feel the need to sit on my underwear while I'm using the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Titania View Post
    Love,
    The woman who wishes you didn't feel the need to sit on my underwear while I'm using the toilet.
    Ha, our Lola (the laundry-pee'r) used to LOVE to sit behind our butts on the toilet. SO glad she outgrew that habit! On second thought...I'd rather she do that than pee on the clothes.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Dear DBF's cat:
    Please stop complaining every time I call him. I can hear you over the phone.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Dear DBF's cat:
    Please stop complaining every time I call him. I can hear you over the phone.
    Lol. Your the 'other' person in his life. They were there first, right?!?
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Dear Aggie
    I am really really really tired of your constant carrying on all night long. I got DH to agree to NOT let you out in the middle of the night. It has been 3 weeks and you are still carrying on. I wish I knew what your problem was!
    Hi Mimi, I don't know the details of course but understand that persistent 'yowling' can indicate a thyroid problem? Just a thought.

On the other hand, maybe the neighbours got a new dog?
    Rebecca

Riley - custom 2014 Enigma Etape
    Bridget - 2010 Surly Cross Check
    Lorelei - 1979 Puch Princess mixte
    Astrid - 2014 Viking Bromley singlespeed mixte
    Lucy - bespoke 2012 Brompton S1L

Visit my blog: velovoice.blogspot.co.uk

ick thyroid. Already went down that road with other cat. And now this time we can't afford it. !! gotta go to the veterinarian.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

I didn't know about the thyroid/yowling connection. Our female is hyperthyroid and noisy, but she was noisy long before her diagnosis. I think she's just bossy.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

This is the jumbo litter box I use. It's like 2 feet long.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4217935

I do have three smaller ones spread out through the house, but this is the main one that all of them use.

Keep 'em coming. All of these are hilarious!! Luckily I'm deaf, so I don't hear them all crying, howling or whatever noise they make at night!

Dear cute-but-dumb girlcat,

Why do you insist on draping yourself across the computer keyboard when I am trying to type? The people I am sending messages to don't understand what [[[[[[[[[[99999y7p[pkkkkoooooooooo;;;;;;;;; means.

Kindest regards,
    The woman who feeds you.