Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Indy: I love, *love* that picture. Very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post

....And I took the tree down yesterday. I fixed a few branches when I got home from work. Went upstairs to sit down with a beer. Came back down to put the glass in the sink and the branches were flat again. Since the branches are bendable wire, they'll eventually break if they are bent and straightened repeatedly.

Dear cat - I WANT A CHRISTMAS TREE!! If I have to put it up on xmas eve and leave you locked in the garage for two days, I will. So think on that with your little goldfish brain and decide how you want this to go.

Sincerely,
    Scrooge

(PS Indy that photo is adorable! Trade you cats )
    Last edited by jessmarimba; 12-07-2011 at 06:37 AM. Reason: indy's cute kitty

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Jess, I've had good luck getting Izzy to leave stuff alone by squirting her with a bit of water. Have you tried that tactic?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I am very lucky, with 6 indoor cats they do NOT bother the tree. Now they all lay underneath it at different times. I also put "cat friendly" ornaments on the lower limbs, so they can play with those and if they "knock" them off they don't break and they bat them around on the ground. Again, I am VERY lucky!

And WHY is it that cats LOVE to lay under the tree. I had just put mine up (artificial tree) and before anything was done there was a cat under the tree!

My first dear cat (no longer with us here on earth) would remove the bows from EVERY package. I could never put those tacky store bought bows (which I still use) on any package. They were her favorite toys!

K
    Last edited by katluvr; 12-07-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    katluvr

I'm a Luddite, so I hope I attached this image correctly. This is Izzy under the tree skirt. In my humble opinion, she is the cutest kitten ever.

I actually put this as the wallpaper on my computer.....it was just too cute
    Hope you don't mind.......
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

Certainly not; Izzy and I are extremely flattered! It's my wallpaper, too, of course!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Certainly not; Izzy and I are extremely flattered! It's my wallpaper, too, of course!
    Oh good, it is going to go on one, or both, of my work computers as well. Thank you! This is just adorable and makes me smile to look at it

Dear Sophie,
    Thank you for positioning yourself beside the Scrabble board. I was getting my butt kicked and had six vowels on my rack. Your tail swoop across the board was timed perfectly, thus ending my torture. Now, if I could only teach you how to scour the Scrabble Players’ Dictionary and find a word that incorporates the letters X, C, J, I, I, I, E.

Aww, she's so cute!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Jess, I've had good luck getting Izzy to leave stuff alone by squirting her with a bit of water. Have you tried that tactic?
    I haven't actually "caught" him yet. I know who it is, because the other two know better and the branches aren't spontaneously flattening. But I'm also not home enough to really reinforce it - I'm gone 14 hours for two days and about 9 for the other 3, way too much time for a goldfish-brained 8-month old cat to forget that the tree is off-limits. Now...if I could somehow booby-trap the TREE to squirt him, I'd be all set.

To those of you who share your house with felines AND have a christmas tree.
    It is NOT goldfish brained for a cat to take great delight in playing with new toys that you put in their domain. Especially indoors only cats who have NEVER seen a tree, you just put a tree in their house! Is that not heaven? 3 dimensional play field with enticing scents and DANGLY THINGS??!?!?

If I were a cat, I would be playing in that tree CONSTANTLY!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    To those of you who share your house with felines AND have a christmas tree.
    It is NOT goldfish brained for a cat to take great delight in playing with new toys that you put in their domain. Especially indoors only cats who have NEVER seen a tree, you just put a tree in their house! Is that not heaven? 3 dimensional play field with enticing scents and DANGLY THINGS??!?!?

If I were a cat, I would be playing in that tree CONSTANTLY!
    He has none of those excuses He grew up outside, and I didn't even get to put anything ON the tree! From the noise pattern, it sounded like he was leaping from the floor to halfway up the tree, then falling off. Repeatedly. He's a slow learner.

But he's goldfish-brained anyway. Attention span = 3 seconds, max. It's actually really funny to see him distracted by something in the middle of chasing something else (especially since he's getting no better at stopping, starting, or changing directions on wood floors).

I have to wonder about my cats' little brains, too. None of them have really been all that interested in the Christmas tree. They can play in an empty Amazon box for hours, however. Who knows how their minds work.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Currently my cat's favorite toy is a long orange sting made of t-shirt material. It is like AWESOME! My cats are definitely of the high IQ type!

K
    katluvr

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    We won't have a tree this year - but we do have cats..so no worries about cats and trees.

Okay...Gonna use this thread to ask another dumb owner question about my kittens. We finally sprouted our tub o' wheat grass for them. Grew nice and tall. Cats love to rip it out of the tub. And...that's it.

They rip it and leave it. All. Over. The. Place.

Aren't they supposed to EAT this stuff? My friend's cat devours this stuff. I'll take scissors and cut up blades into their dinner - which they'll eat. But as far as actually consuming it from the plant on their own...they haven't grasped the concept yet. Zoe is closer to it than Paris (who is an idiot...love him to pieces..but he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer). But if I don't dice it up for even Zoe, she won't eat it. Their little meat-eating teeth just don't work on the plants (even the parsley I've been giving them...gotta cut it up).

Is this a trick they learn or what?
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle