Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Hahaha. We play "Pocket Pond" on my iPhone. It's just a little pond that makes splashing noises when you touch it and these little fish swim around and around. It's absolutely fascinating...if you're furry.
    ooooh, thank you - it's free!

Dear Laverne,

You have now lost your "going out when I take the trash out" privileges. Running to the other end of the building and expecting me to chase you, then running the opposite way to the other end of the building is not amusing.

Signed,
    The person who will be locking you in the bathroom during trash removal from now on.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkerbeth View Post
    Dear Kitty

You are on my lap, and I am petting you. Just because I am not looking at you as I pet you is not a reason to rise up, meow and paw my face.

Sincerely, the person who is never more than a foot or two away.
    Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by pll View Post
    Priceless!
    Ahh... he/she is just reaching up to give you love pats and stroke your cheek. My maine coon does that all of the time and I find it so sweet.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Dear Rory,

Welcome to our family. You're adjusting perfectly and I can't believe you're already friends with Sasha, our dog!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 12.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	13844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 14.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	13845  
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

congrats on the new fur child, Azfiddle!! they match! (the cat and the dog)
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Yes, they really are a good pair. I am amazed that they are so compatible in such a short time- but then the dog was trained by the two previous cats....
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Awww, such a sweet photo!

Since I can't have a cat, I have considered getting something like a hamster but somehow that doesn't sound like a good replacement...It isn't like they can roam the apartment, interact with me, nor curl up on my lap and purr. I am sure they probably do interact but not in the same way a cat does.

Quote Originally Posted by marni View Post
    Ahh... he/she is just reaching up to give you love pats and stroke your cheek. My maine coon does that all of the time and I find it so sweet.

marni
    No, I know. I think it's sweet too. She REALLY loves her Mommy. It's just funny that I am RIGHT there, petting her, but since I'm not looking at her it means I'm ignoring her.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Since I can't have a cat, I have considered getting something like a hamster but somehow that doesn't sound like a good replacement...It isn't like they can roam the apartment, interact with me, nor curl up on my lap and purr. I am sure they probably do interact but not in the same way a cat does.
    How about a rabbit?

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Awww, such a sweet photo!

Rats make really great pets The shelters are usually loaded with them.They are like tiny little dogs and they have unique personalities and love to play. My 4 boys wrestle with my fingers and just hang on the side of the cage when they hear me come home from work......waiting for a treat. The only downside is that they only live 2-4 years. It's hard when they go cause I do get attached to the little fuzz butts but there are always more in need of rescue!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rattie boys 003.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	13846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rattie boys 007.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	13847  
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

I think a rat's a better pet than a rabbit... and 100 times better than a hamster.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Gerbils are great pets. They do best with some gerbil company, are fun as heck to watch (especially after their cage/habitat has been cleaned), will respond if you play with them/hand train them, and are easy to care for. And they are really cute. My son had gerbils when he was small; they were a lot of fun.

And if you get a bunch of cages/habitats, reconfiguring the gerbil abode becomes an interesting engineering project! We had nine cages in all, and would have has many as eight at a time making up the gerbil complex. (We always kept at least one cage separate in case of illness/need to transport/stashing for the complex cleaning spree.) Lots of tubes and levels and places for the gerbils to be.

I have a friend who used to have rats as pets and liked them a lot. (Now she has cats, so ... no rats.) But gerbils... are definitely cuter!

Quote Originally Posted by owlice View Post
    Gerbils are great pets. They do best with some gerbil company, are fun as heck to watch (especially after their cage/habitat has been cleaned), will respond if you play with them/hand train them, and are easy to care for. And they are really cute. My son had gerbils when he was small; they were a lot of fun.

And if you get a bunch of cages/habitats, reconfiguring the gerbil abode becomes an interesting engineering project! We had nine cages in all, and would have has many as eight at a time making up the gerbil complex. (We always kept at least one cage separate in case of illness/need to transport/stashing for the complex cleaning spree.) Lots of tubes and levels and places for the gerbils to be.

I have a friend who used to have rats as pets and liked them a lot. (Now she has cats, so ... no rats.) But gerbils... are definitely cuter!
    I'll admit gerbils are cute but rats have more personality. They also need to have friends of the same sex to keep them company or they become depressed.
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

I want a pet rat! I don't think the management would approve, and I think it would freak out my boyfriend, though.

Azfiddle, Rory looks like DBF's cat, only Pooh has more white on his face. Congrats on the new kitty!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...