Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sure, will do.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

The first tale that came to my mind is "Frau Holle". It's a Grimm's tale, I am not sure if you have it too.
    In this tale, it snows because a woman called "Holle" (may be related to "Hel") shakes her bedding and the feathers she shakes out of it land on the earth as snow.

Other than that we have a lot of season related folklore, especially for the darker time of the year, but I can't think of stories WHY there are seasons.

Looking back on my southern California childhood, maybe the change in seasons was because Disneyland couldn't afford the big summertime fireworks display all year long. so it was necessary to have winter.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    Looking back on my southern California childhood, maybe the change in seasons was because Disneyland couldn't afford the big summertime fireworks display all year long. so it was necessary to have winter.
    I was thinking that the seasons change elsewhere so that the tourist will come to Florida. Otherwise, the part time residents wouldn't know when to come.