Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

...butt pimples/sores?

To disable ads, please log-in.

So, this is moderately embarassing for me, and I see no other explanation but the bike. So, since I've been riding, I've devloped this ..rash? I'm not sure. It's a grouping of little pimply type formations around the crack of my butt, right where my saddle peaks. My saddle is not uncomfortable to me, and I thought at first it was because I wasn't wearing cycle shorts for some of my rides, and then I spent a weekend putting aquaphor baby on my butt and not riding, and started riding only in cycle shorts. It waited a few days, and then: same reaction.

They don't seem to have heads, and they don't really bother me that much. I never had acne or any of that as an adolescent, and don't now, either, other than my seemingly bike related butt issue, and honestly have no idea what to do with this.

Is it pimples? or acne? or sores? How do I get it to go away, and then STAY away? It's driving me crazy, and really messing with my self esteem
    Happily at the center of a poly V with my bikes
    -"Cookie Monster" 2001 Motiv Mountain converted for commuting. My little monster.
    -"Bella" Concord Freedom10- My little project. Sweat and blood, pretty girl <3

That kinda sounds like Prickly Heat, if so get some Gold Bond on it and get out of the short ASAP after your rides.

I will be picking up gold bond and Triple antibiotic tonight, thank you, ladies. I seriously have been going crazy. I'm going to see my partner again in about 3 weeks, and he's all excited to see me after I've been working out and losing weight and such, and I have this...rashthing. I'm honestly dreading it if I can't get it to go away
    -"Cookie Monster" 2001 Motiv Mountain converted for commuting. My little monster.

Keep the lights dim and distract him--you'll be fine.

In the meantime, I agree with the peeps advising you to get out of your sweaty clothes ASAP and into the shower (talking about after the bike ride, not any boyfriend-related activities here).

My daughter had something similar, and we had to put antibiotic cream to get rid of it. Only problem is, you can only get it w/ a prescription. The good news was that it cleared up in less than 2 days w/ the cream. Maybe see a doctor, or one of those drug store clinics for a prescription?
    ~ working mom to 3 little girls ~

Roadie... 2010 54cm Trek Madone 4.5, Bontrager inForm

My dermatologist recommended 1.get out of those sweaty shorts ASAP! 2.when you bathe, use "antibacterial" soap (like Dial soap) on the chamois contact part of your butt. & 3.use "PFB Vanish"'lotion after bathing on the pimpley areas.
    4.my own two bits is avoid shaving the chamois contact area, better to trim hair with scissors, clippers or waxing.
    Tokie

+1 on getting out of the sweaty shorts and washing the area carefully. Outside of après ride I don't normally use soap on any place that doesn't have hair, but I definitely make an extra effort to clean anything that's under the chamois. If it's not too close to sensitive areas, after a shower some rubbing alcohol or alcohol gel helps dry it out and kills germs.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thank you girls. This advice has seriously helped me out a lot. I've been getting out of shorts immeadiately, and when I shower, I exfoliate, and go to bed with antibiotic ointment on the sore area. They are not totally gone, but they're absolutely better. You girls are awesome <3

When you ride, are you using a cycling-cream, like DZ-Nutz or Chamois Butt'r? You can be chaffing from the shorts shifting against your skin. I prefer to use Shea Butter but have used Chamois Butt'r and it works well too. I've never had an issue with saddle sores and rashes once I started using them.

I also like to soap down that area with Hibiclens soap to take care of any bacteria from sweating, after my rides. It is also good to have around in case of road rash, it's great for scrubbing out wounds. Tea-Tree oil is also good for things like saddle sores (and for cleaning up poison-ivy, I've heard). So I keep some around, as we have plenty of poison-ivy where I MTB.
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL