Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by chryss View Post
    10 or 20 or 25 pounds of extra body mass are minuscule in the greater scheme of things.
    Actually that's not minuscule when it's fat pounds. Too many Americans are obese and seem to be content to be so. They don't seem to understand what those extra fat pounds are doing to their health.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Just an FYI for folks, technically this is a 7-week challenge since that takes us to Oct 28th. So 7 weeks from today is the last weigh in. Just in case that impacts any goal weight you may have chosen.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Weight this AM is 135.

This is a double challenge for me as I'm (hopefully) going on one of the WomanTours' Outer Banks bike tours the end of October. I've lost 10 pounds so far since signing up.

I'm back after a LONG break. Thanks to Susan and the rest of you for sharing your stories because it's inspired me to give this another go. My backstory is fairly similar to a lot of you. I lost 25 pounds through diet modification and A LOT of running about 2.5 years ago. I wanted to lose 5-7 lbs more at that time, joined this challenge, and failed to lose anything. I realize now that my body is probably just happy at 135 lbs, not at 128 or 130. I am at peace with that BUT the scale is now reading 140. In addition to that, I have had some bad things happen in my personal life recently that make it really difficult for me to motivate to exercise and eat right. After allowing myself 3 weeks of a massive pity party, it's time to refocus.

So, I am resolving to clean up my diet, get back on the exercise wagon, and lose the 5 lbs I let creep up on me last winter (and failed to lose over the summer).

Current weight: 140
    Goal weight: 135
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly

Current: 181
    Goal: 170

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Wow, Ellen - that's a lot of lost weight already! Good job!!
    Thanks! And happy early anniversary.
    Road Bike: 2008 Orbea Aqua Dama TDF/Brooks B-68

Ellen
    www.theotherfoote.blogspot.com

Posse- Please use my Monday weight of 158, I try to stay off the scale in between my WW weigh in days because in the past I will tend towards OCD and weigh many times a day.

Blueberry- I lost nearly 50 pounds on WW online in 2004-2005. I am the type if I really commit to something I can do it. At the time I also regularly followed a similar type of board as TE and I told all of them so I had to be accountable to them. I am using WW online again, I also don't think meetings are for me. I of course have my husband to know what I am doing and a few close friends. So I feel like for my personality I have enough of a support system. Let's see if I succeed in getting back down in weight.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I successfully used WW online to lose almost 40 lbs. I have gained back about 5 but am getting back on track before too much damage has been done.

There are benefits to the groups- but it is a big time commitment and more money. We have a group on the WW forums (on the fitness challenge, "Biking Babes and Guys" that acts as a good motivator. (Maillotpois occasionally checks in there).
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Blueberry - I have typically had more success with WW meetings. But it all depends on the leader and group. If it is not a good fit for you then online may be better..
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    We have a group on the WW forums (on the fitness challenge, "Biking Babes and Guys" that acts as a good motivator. (Maillotpois occasionally checks in there).
    yes. . I wish I were a more active participant. The format of that forum is somehow less conducive to regular participation for me than is TE. But it is a solid good group of people on that thread, very very supportive.

I have to say - I joined WW in 1988, lost 50 lbs plus, became lifetime, and kept the weight off til I got pregnant (so about 8-10 years). I have tremendous loyalty to that company in general , and the recent changes to the program made it a lot more sustainable for me last year.

I go back to meetings Sunday. look out world.
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

Looks like I'm starting a bit higher than expected. 221.4 and aiming for anything close to 210 this challenge.
    Specialized Tricross Sport / Specialized Lithia 143

Angry

I weigh 138. Yikes!
    Ambikes description of a massive pity party is a good one for me two, except mine has been 6 weeks (shoulder surgery/sister with terminal illness and my 13 year old dog is not doing well either). Life is not fair, and it is not helpful to me or anybody else for me to eat everything in sight and feel bad and sick and unfocused. I will do better if I eat less better food and exercise.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

WW ladies I have a question, how do you count activity or do you? And how do you deal with those points. For example yesterday I did a 51 mile, climbing ride. WW said it was 44 activity points, obviously I am not going to eat all that. But on days I do a shorter ride or spin class, it shouldn't matter if I leave those AP on the table? I swap my AP before my allowance (flex, what do they call it now?). Just wondering how others have had success.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    WW ladies I have a question, how do you count activity or do you? And how do you deal with those points. For example yesterday I did a 51 mile, climbing ride. WW said it was 44 activity points, obviously I am not going to eat all that. But on days I do a shorter ride or spin class, it shouldn't matter if I leave those AP on the table? I swap my AP before my allowance (flex, what do they call it now?). Just wondering how others have had success.
    My rules are

(1) underestimate intensity. The points for cycling based on MPH don't track with my real world - high intensity is > 12 mph average? Come on. On a road bike? All my rides are "high intensity" then, and while I have periods during the ride where it absolutely is high intensity I am NOT giving myself that for a whole ride because it just isn't that hard. Maybe I will give myself "high intensity" for 1 hour out of 4 or something.

(2) only use the APs the day they are earned. I don't need the calories the next day, really. Even after a double century - which is tough, but that's my rule.
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio