Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

133.0. It's been tough to bike with the cold, windy weather we've been having up here. Time to get on the exercycle, I guess, although it'll be hard to stay motivated for that.
    DonnaS

Given my 1-step-forward-2-steps-back history, I'm cautiously optimistic. I was able to exercise almost every day last week, which has not happened in quite a while.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Yes we hosted a conference this week and yes I ate things I shouldn't have...but I didn't gain anything over the conference.

Unsure what is going on...probably a combination of things.

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    159.2, down a whopping 0.2.

I'd ordinarily not bother with tenths of a pound but I'm posting my official WW weigh-in weight. Yeah, that's it.

The next weigh-in will be interesting. DH and I are heading up to wine country this weekend for the Asti Tour di Vine; if last year was any indication, there'll be numerous rest stops stocked with delicious treats. And an excellent after-ride lunch. At a winery. Ruh-roh.
    You do get an allowance, you can behave the rest of the days. Have fun, that sounds amazing!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

143. No change, but my jeans feel a little less snug, so I'm cautiously optimistic. :-) I've been spot on my training plan for the past 14 days, so I'm feeling pretty good. Tired, but good. :-)
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

173. Official WW weigh in day for me is Sunday, though.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

I was just thinking about this while I was out taking a walk -- I recently discovered by accident that I'm putting too much syrup on my waffles every morning. (Long story, my preferred store brand whole grain waffles have been out of stock, so I've been eating Eggos, which don't soak up the syrup as much as the store brand does, making the amount of syrup on the plate much more obvious).

In the past I've found that little things you do frequently can make a big difference in gaining and losing weight. Like using less of a certain condiment or sauce in a meal you eat often, or switching from a full-fat to a reduced-fat option. I like pancake syrup on my waffles (real maple syrup is too expensive for every day) and I switched to the "light" version a long time ago, which cut out some daily calories. But clearly I can use less of it every day and still enjoy my breakfast.

Anyway, this is the fifth day this week that I've gotten exercise. Tomorrow I need to run errands and finish getting my mountain bike ready for its first ride in years. I'm hoping to do 2-3 hours on the C&O Canal towpath on Sunday.

Gone but not forgotten:

weeeee

56.5kg's.....meaning...i've met my goal & now just have to accept it. It's hard for me to acknowledge within that i've lost 10kgs...
    I have 2kgs to lose to get to my optimal weight for my height/age but am not in a rush...

I've not been on my bike nor swum since june due to my injury and then rehabbing it but have found tons of other stuff to keep me on my toes. I'm allowed to run uphill & have just started doing Mount Street, which i believe is 22% gradient. I do long (1hr to 3hr) walks on either the sand or the purpose built bibbulmun track, jacob's ladder (250 steps) and the kokoda stairs in Kings Park to keep me on my toes..Still doing one personal training session a week but no upper body on the ground stuff (ie push up type things)

Physio exercises are weights based & am up to lifting 17.5kgs for one in particular. I'd have to find the exercise to show but it's not bicep curl things...

146.5 for me this week. Not bad considering that this past week has been very light on activity compared to the previous few weeks.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    56.5kg's.....meaning...i've met my goal & now just have to accept it. It's hard for me to acknowledge within that i've lost 10kgs...
    I'll acknowledge it -- GREAT JOB!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Waaaaaay behind in my updates. Sorry. Surprise family visit over the weekend.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

YEAH to goldfinch and crazycanuck! Great job turning the square to a new color (yeah, that happens when you meet your goal, or are at least less than a lb away).
    Last edited by Possegal; 10-17-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post

YEAH to goldfinch and crazycanuck! Great job turning the square to a new color (yeah, that happens when you meet your goal, or are at least less than a lb away).
    Thanks Posse!

I have decided that at 114 pounds (actually, anything less than 115) is acceptable. I am now in normal weight range where I was obese. Now I concentrate on fitness. Today I met with a personal trainer, had an assessment, and Wednesday will be our first session. My upper body strength and core strength are crap. Let's see what I can do about that!

I know the toughest is ahead of me. The odds of me keeping this weight off are extremely low. But those who do manage to keep off the weight are people who watch the scale, pay attention to calories, and who exercise. Every day I keep off the weight the odds improve.

I will likely live my life hungry, fighting my brain and body's urge to put on the weight. For now, I am content with that.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Roxy, have you heard from your doctor yet about the fluid retention? Hopefully it's just a temporary side effect of ending that medication.

Gone but not forgotten:

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Roxy, have you heard from your doctor yet about the fluid retention? Hopefully it's just a temporary side effect of ending that medication.
    Yeah, let us know. I have been worrying about that.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Friday!

Holding steady at 114.5

Calorie average per day for the past week was approximately 1400.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”