Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone doing the Ride the Rivers Century?

To disable ads, please log-in.

This looks like a wonderful ride and I've wanted to do it for a couple of years now. I'm seriously considering it. For those of you who have ridden this ride, how bad are the hills? And is anyone else planning to ride? I've been reading race reports from the last couple of years.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Ride the Rivers Century

I did the century last year with a couple of my friends. It was my first century and I was a little worried about the hills, but I found it to be a surprisingly easy ride and not overly hilly. As I recall there was a short steep hill early in the ride when you come out of a park in Clayton and then there were good size hills after 80 miles when you are riding at the convergence of the rivers before taking the second ferry ride. I believe there is an elevation map on Map My Ride that you might look at to get a better idea. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. I would highly recommend it and hope to go back some time.

Thanks, Momm, for the info. Our plans have changed and I'm not going to be able to do it this year like I'd planned but I definitely want to do it next year.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme