Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

That is awesome they are helping you out!

I was searching for threads on stem length and came across this one.
    Just bumping the thread to see if Cyborg has any updates on her situation?

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgQueen View Post
    HA! See my point? It should've been a little bit obvious....whatever.
    I'm 5'1 & I ride between a 48-50 cm bike. Anything smaller than that has too short of a top tube for me, too steep of a seat tube angle (the 76 degree seattube angle that you want makes me shudder, anything more than 73 degrees is horrible on my knees)...

So no, I wouldn't think it's completely obvious that you wouldn't have fit a 48, because I would fit a 48. I wouldn't have much standover, but that's fine - I'd rather not have standover & have a seat tube angle & top tube that works for me.

It was great of Jamis to work with you.

I don't think buying a WSD to begin with would have necesarily solved all of your problems - most people who buy wsd still get fitted to their bike and they still have to change the handlebars. Not all women have the same size shoulders. Stems, handlebars, seatposts, and saddles are all things that I think people automatically change when buying a new bike, you hope that the bike fitter will work with you on it...

As for shifters, only some of the WSD come with short reach shifters. I wear XS women's gloves & have stubby short fingers, but I've never had a problem using standard size shifters in ultegra or 105... and I don't put shims on my shifters.