Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Breathe Easy Tea

To disable ads, please log-in.

By Traditional Medicinals.

I could include this post under 'health issues,' but really, I consider it just a healthful, tasty tea. (And I don't like to promote self-medication, so...).

I did buy this because I have allergy-induced asthma, but I'll keep drinking it for the taste. It's made with organic licorice root, and that flavor is subtle, sophisticated.

Also includes several other herbs known to open the airways. Eucalyptus, fennel, peppermint, calendula, pleurisy, ginger rhizome (not an herb, I know).

Altogether, part aromatic and light, with a smooth licorice undertone. Not sure if all of these ingredients are good to drink everyday, but I have enough other teas on my shelf that it isn't likely to happen.

Seems like they had a lot of other blends marketed as home-remedies. Again, I don't like the idea of using it as anything as a nutritional supplement. But it is making my throat feel rather nice at the moment.
    Last edited by Muirenn; 08-29-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

If you like licorice root, you might like the Aveda Comfort tea too. I enjoy that one (and my homemade version) a lot in the winter - no sweetener or other additive required.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...