Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've found frozen vegetables and fruit to be much cheaper than fresh. I also eat a LOT of dried beans. If soaking/long cooking times sounds like too much work for you, I highly recommend investing in a pressure cooker. You can find one for around $100, they're very easy to use (and are safe these days) and aid in the switch from canned beans to dried (which is healthier, too!)

Quote Originally Posted by fallstoclimb View Post
    I've found frozen vegetables and fruit to be much cheaper than fresh. I also eat a LOT of dried beans. If soaking/long cooking times sounds like too much work for you, I highly recommend investing in a pressure cooker. You can find one for around $100, they're very easy to use (and are safe these days) and aid in the switch from canned beans to dried (which is healthier, too!)
    I find canned beans disgusting and we always use dried. For the heartier beans like black beans we soak a big batch overnight, cook, and divide into baggies and freeze for later use.