Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

the purple thing is a tire iron ( a quick stick, Highly recommend)
    The Black thing was my shorts (remember , I 'm on a bent.
    I was going downhill, when BAM! steering got interesting fairly fast. I got down to about 5 before I lost control.
    I used a Park tire boot to get it back (about 10 miles).
    I've put some spare tires on the bike, and may go out tomorrow for a ride.

Couldn't get anyone to rise and shine early on a Sunday morning, so I went for a solo 35. Was intending to do more like 55, but I had a little too much wine Saturday night, and had been working pretty hard physically on Saturday also. So I wimped out on myself, was a little grouchy on my way out the door and felt like the first three miles were no fun.
    Then I reached the state park near my house. It has an upper lake and a lower lake, and part of a low mountain ridge runs long one side. Just as I was entering the park I disturbed some wild turkeys, and one actually flew alongside me for a bit. That was cool, it put a smile on my face and I enjoyed the rest of my ride. Even went up Red Hill so I could have the almost way too scary awesome downhill rush.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

Friday: new fitting in response to my back pain. Slightly higher seat and slightly back.

20 Saturday (easy peasy)

41 yesterday. Not too bad but the last 6 o so miles my Achilles tendon started acting up. Hmmmm.

I am soon to break my all time distance record!

No road miles since Wednesday Work and schedule prevented it Thursday & Friday...but was able to hit the trails both Saturday and Sunday. I volunteered portions of both Sat and Sun at a mountain bike race, but made certain I had at least some time to ride Sat morning and Sunday afternoon. Had fun!, though wasn't able to ride as long as I would have liked but I will take it

I did have a little adventure - I've been fearful of falling down/off a hill and it finally happened. Both me and bike are fine, the only problem was getting my bike back up to the trail. Whew, hopefully I now have THAT out of the way

My beloved mountain goat is one tough bike, it flipped over going down the hill and not scratch on it! I chose well...
    Last edited by Catrin; 08-22-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwina View Post
    the purple thing is a tire iron ( a quick stick, Highly recommend)
    The Black thing was my shorts (remember , I 'm on a bent.
    I was going downhill, when BAM! steering got interesting fairly fast. I got down to about 5 before I lost control.
    I used a Park tire boot to get it back (about 10 miles).
    I've put some spare tires on the bike, and may go out tomorrow for a ride.
    Did you see what was on the road to cause such a flat that would allow you to put a purple tire iron through the hole?! Thank goodness you are okay!