Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I guess we just picked a bad year to do that hike. I AM glad I got to see the PNW though. I have always wanted to see that area of our country and finally got to go. I is more beautiful than I expected too!

I do have to say we had awesome weather in the sense of it being cool mornings and only 65-75* depending on where we were at.... that was awesome. I was sooooo prepared for the rains too. Even bought an Eddie Bauer First Ascent rain jacket for this trip--- I heard the call Mt Rainier-- Mount Rainy-er LOL But, we did not have one single period of rain to contend with.

Anyway, I wish Michigan was as cycling friendly as I saw Washington to be. I saw sooooo many cyclists on the park road in Rainier and basically everywhere else too. Seattle would be kind of scary for a flat-lander like me though. You have some steep hills in that city

I was so wishing I had brought a bicycle--now that would have been an awesome trip
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

Quote Originally Posted by PamNY View Post
    So sorry this happened. And I don't blame you for being distressed that NPS didn't tell you about conditions when you called them.

I would always trust a phone conversation to provide better information than what's posted on a web site.

I would be tempted to write a letter about this, if you have documentation about when you called and who you talked to. I've heard NPS employees complain about clueless tourists very often. Perhaps they need to be reminded to do their part in providing accurate information.
    Oh yes, we are writing letters to the NPS for sure.
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

Quote Originally Posted by PamNY View Post
    So sorry this happened. And I don't blame you for being distressed that NPS didn't tell you about conditions when you called them.

I would always trust a phone conversation to provide better information than what's posted on a web site.

I would be tempted to write a letter about this, if you have documentation about when you called and who you talked to. I've heard NPS employees complain about clueless tourists very often. Perhaps they need to be reminded to do their part in providing accurate information.
    Yes, that's rather surprising,
    Last edited by Irulan; 08-19-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM