Hi there,
I'm kinda new and haven't posted much, but I do need some help with this.

I have a huge sodium intake (4000mg/day average), I have a low potassium intake (1000mg/day average). Sodium should be around 2500 and potassium should be around 4000. I have a lot of muscle cramping and soreness.

So, my question is not about my diet. I eat healthy for the most part; just a ton of sodium. I'm working on that, so don't scold me

My question is this: Since my sodium is so high, when I'm riding in the heat, do I really need to replace it? I am sensitive to muscle fatigue and general fatigue when I'm riding in the heat, even if it's only 20 mins or so. I am overweight but I'm not out of shape. Been working out for a long time. When I ride in the heat, I do have a salt crust on my face, arms, etc. So, what I would like to do is only take in the potassium, calcium, magnesium through an electrolyte drink by EmergenC. They make one without sodium because most diets are high in sodium.

But, is it the lack of sodium that causes the fatigue, or is it the quick DROP or CHANGE in sodium levels, whether or not your normal sodium levels are high? Would it be a problem, if I sweat a lot, to forego taking in more sodium as I workout, or should I leave it in my electrolyte drink and just continue to lower it in my diet (which I will work on with/without sodium in my drink mix)?

Or, another option, are there drinks/mixes/tablets that have sodium, but have more potassium than sodium to balance me out?

Thoughts?