Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone been to Cape Breton Island?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I hear that the Cabot trails and the National Park are fabulous in Nova Scotia. I would love to hear about your travels if you have been!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Self supported tour in 2006. Report is here. We didn't go to Cape Breton though. I think we would have needed nine weeks for that trip!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

No, but they have an incredible fiddle music tradition!! Don't miss out if you go.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Not with bikes, but we honeymooned in NS 14 years ago, including 4 nights on Cape Breton. It's GORGEOUS. I think biking there would be amazing (and HILLY in places).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I spent 2 1/2 weeks bike touring around Cape Breton and from Lunenberg to Halifax (self-supported) a few years back. An absolutely spectacular ride! Cape Breton is gorgeous, the climbs are challenging but the scenery helps!

You can travel it in either direction, but I chose to ride it clockwise (the more popular way to go). The winds can be brutal; in fact, I was actually wind bound one day in Chetticamp.
    If you get a chance, check out a ceiligh in Baddeck, or any other town along the route.

People are extremely friendly and if I had a dollar for every person who said to me "you're going to ride up those hills?? By yourself?? On a bike??".....

Have fun. It is a beautiful part of Canada.

It is AMAZING. Gorgeous. Wonderful. Fantastic. Breathtaking.

Seriously, you will find yourself taking a photo that could win a photography contest, turn around, and take another of what was behind you - it's equally beautiful.

My parents bought a vacay house in Cape Breton, so we've been a few times. You will always see moose on the Skyline Trail - tons of trails up there, but I tell people not to miss that one.

The people are super nice. I love Cheticamp, lots of good Acadian food (WINDY!!!) but good little museums and neat stuff to see. Horseback riding is good out there also.

I can't say enough good things about it. I'm happy to answer questions - my parents go for a month at a time 3x a year, so even if I haven't been to a particular place, THEY have!

Edit, I don't know for sure if this works or not, but facebook says I can share this album with anyone using this link:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...cc2c922&type=1
    Last edited by grey; 09-14-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog