Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

finally-no more sloshing

To disable ads, please log-in.

after three weeks of driving a 40 mile round trip every other day to get the fluid build up in my no longer there breast cavity drained, I have gone a week without any build up and haven't had to drive the drive which is a good thing since I have been helping 90 year old resident FIL deal with breathing issues. I have yet to go to any Dr. appointment for him that has taken less than 2 hours. He has started with a nebulizer to supplement his advair and spiriva which has helped his breathing but leaves him in attentive and sleeping much of the day. It has been pretty exhausting to have to do all the driving while dealing with all this, so it is a real relief not to have to be doing the hospital commute.

I did a weigh in and measurement with the trainer today. I have managed to keep the weight off but have transformed muscle into flab/ mostly muffin top. Sigh...

Time to be pushing much harder on core and abs. In the meantime we have broken the previous heat record for consecutive days of temps over 100 degrees. Going on 36 for the summer, with todays' day 15 consecutive over 100 degree day breaking the previous record of 14.

I felt one drop of rain yesterday, but nothing developed. We need rain so bad.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Marni,
    Great news on the anti-sloshing! Hope you FIL gets to feeling better.
    Beth

Marni - That's so great to hear! It's such a pain living in Katy and needing to go into Houston (I am assuming this is what you are doing on your 40 mile trek) - it's so far away and the traffic is always terrible.

And I know what you mean about the heat. I was in Katy this past weekend and the humidity alone about did me in. We've got the heat out here in the west, but no humidity. I think I prefer the dry!

marni, I'm glad you're continuing to heal. Yay!!! I'm sorry to hear of your FIL's continuing (and worsening) health problems though. Hang in there!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

goodness, take your time. you are doing great!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi