Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Bike wash for car...

To disable ads, please log-in.

My new car needs washing. Must do it by hand since there is this really nice hitch rack on the back that is NOT going through an automatic - touchless or not. I won't remove the rack until the winter.

Any problem with using Finish Line Super Bike Wash on the new car? I have this large bottle, and these days I use something else for my bikes. Would like to use it on SOMETHING, and there is just enough for a car wash...

I am thinking it wouldn't be a problem, but am I missing some reason why I shouldn't use it? I've a nice soft car-wash mitt and a car-wash bay with a hose in my apartment complex...

I used it, and it was actually kind of fun! I haven't washed a car by hand since I can't remember when....
    Last edited by Catrin; 08-13-2011 at 03:38 PM.

I use that stuff to clean my bikes... Never thought of using it to clean the car... Tho I'd think the finishes on a car would be much more durable then bikes so as far as it that goes it should be fine. The bike shop guys did say the it leaves a residue and to not get it on my rims or it would screech when I applied the brakes. I don't know how it might affect your chrome and other shiney parts on yer spiffy new car.

Ps. Had a co worker and wash his new baby-- I mean car-- and left ultra fine circle scratches in the finish because he used the same motion each and every time. May have been the cloth too, not bing as soft as he thought, so wanted to throw that out there.
    Last edited by Roadtrip; 08-14-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

That is why I don't want to use the self-service car wash - don't want to find out that there is a problem with the brush AFTER it is too late

I don't have much in the way of chrome on my car, and I decided to only do it this once with the bike wash. It depends on what you use - for THIS wash it is safe to get it on the wheel rims, etc - it is only a detergent based wash, it isn't a polish or anything like that which is why I figured it was safe to use it on my spiffy new car one time. I do know that it is bad to get Bike Lust on saddle, tires, or brakes - makes things quite slippery....LBS was very careful that I understood that. A little bit goes a long way...

Of course it rained last night and still off and on, but at least I did get the dirt off my car Need to get some wax and some real car wash concentrate...