Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

possibly commuting soon! :)

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey everyone

Sooooo....On Sunday have an interview to work as a tech in a vet clinic by my house. WHEN I get the job I am planning on commuting to work! It's only 2 miles away from my house! I'm pretty excited and confident that I'll get the job. Just wanted to share my excitement for the day and hope to join the bike commuting world soon Have a great day everybody!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Yay! Crossing all fingers and toes you're offered the job!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Thank You! I have been looking for a ss steel bike w/ fender/rack mounts anyway so hopefully I find one I like and it can become my commuter
    1995 Bianchi Eros
    Steel SS commuter I built

keep us updated (on the job and the bike hunt).

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Sounds great. Steel ss? Nice. Good luck with both.

Thanks! I have my interview today so I'll post how it goes. I have a good feeling though!

I've been looking for another vintage steel frame to make a ss so if it has fender mounts I won't mind using it to commute since Miami is so flat. But if not then I'll be looking at new steel frame commuters.
    1995 Bianchi Eros

Well? Did you get the job?
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work" - Thomas Edison

We're rooting for you!
    Happily at the center of a poly V with my bikes
    -"Cookie Monster" 2001 Motiv Mountain converted for commuting. My little monster.
    -"Bella" Concord Freedom10- My little project. Sweat and blood, pretty girl <3

I think the interview went well! The "interview" part was pretty short and then they showed me around the clinic. We kinda just hung out and spoke about what to expect working there. They said they were going to discuss it and call me. We'll see..fingers crossed! Thanks for the positive vibes! \m/
    1995 Bianchi Eros

Just a little update...I got the job and a new bike! I picked up a 1995 Bianchi Eros in forest green that I found on CL. The frame is in sweet condition and all stock Campy Mirage. The color is forest green so I'm gonna add brown Brooks saddle and bar tape. I had seen that color combination on the 2011 Raleigh Clubman and thought it looked classy. It does have a rear rack mount so that's next on my list of things to buy. Any recommendations? Thanks for your support!
    1995 Bianchi Eros

YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saweet!! So excited for you. And your new bike.

Guess what? I have that exact same bike as my commuter bike. With the brown bar tape and Brooks saddle. You have great taste!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1972.jpg 
Views:	649 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	13637  

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

Good for you. Sounds like you scored on both fronts. So I'm considering a rack for my new bike also. I have a Bontrager basic black rack on my other bike and it's fine. Nothing too cool looking. I have looked online and actually saw these two in person today. One is the Axiom Phoenix DLX and the other is the Portland Design Works rack called "the loading dock". I thought by looking online that I would prefer the Phoenix, but it was just the opposite. The PDW was actually "finer" looking and less "chunky" I guess. Both very functional with aesthetics to boot. Here are the links:

http://www.axiomgear.com/products/ge...s/phoenix-dlx/

http://www.ridepdw.com/goods/cargo/loading-dock™

Another one that I like is the Soma Deco Rear Rack which I have not seen in person. Here's the link:

http://www.somafab.com/decorack.html

Hope this helps. Let us know what you get. Does your bike have fenders? I'm likely getting SKS Longboard Fenders in "Beige/Creme". I have seen them in person in all the colors and they are so rich and lovely that the photos online don't do them any credit. You can order them from universalcycles.com for $35 or Rivbike.com for $38! Here's the link: http://www.rivbike.com/products/show...fenders/27-014
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work" - Thomas Edison

@ Tri Girl: NO WAY! Yep that's exactly how I want mine. I have a few things I need to change on it. The Mirage headset is cracked :x It needs a tune up, new tires, chain, handlebar tape, pedals, and I'm thinking of changing the handlebars and stem cause they're black and I like that clean look of a quill stem. Oh and a saddle! I haven't figured out my sit bone measurements but have been looking at other posts about them. What kind of tires do you have? I have Vittoria Randonneur on my fixie and am curious what other suggestions there are for commuting. Our bikes are siblings haha!

@Velocivixen: Thanks for all the suggestions! It seems that we are looking for the same style of rack. I'm gonna check out those links you posted. If I find something neat I'll send you a link in case you like it as well
    1995 Bianchi Eros

You asked about saddles and I have the Brooks B17S (Standard) in Honey and it's fabulous! There are many posts about saddles in another section of this forum. Good information there.

I was looking at the B17 Standard on the Brooks site cause it seems to be popular but I realized that it only comes in honey and black..not brown. I like the look of the darker color. hmm....

Oh and I really like the Soma Deco rack and the PDQ Loading Dock rack. I'm wondering how well the bamboo would take to staining it a darker color.

Ahh...I love bikes!!!
    1995 Bianchi Eros