Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Easy & Portable Breakfast recipes

To disable ads, please log-in.

Great Link: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/g...recipes-074005

My go-to breakfast at the moment are the Overnight oats - it means I can throw a jar in my backpack and have breakfast at work ready in minutes when commuting
    And I can alternate weeks using Quinoa almost exactly the same way

Other favourites of mine:
    Spelt waffles -I have to borrow a waffle iron for these though, so I make in bulk and freeze them - then throw them in the toaster when I want one
    I use this recipe: http://fortmyerschip.com/recipes/88-...ueberries.html
    They never last more than a fortnight - so I'm not sure how long they would last before tasting funky....

Wholegrain Apple muffins - keep for about a week in airtight containers
    Zucchini and Corn Fritters - keep frozen for about a fortnight -fresh only 3 or 4 days days
    Wholemeal Blueberry Bagels - about a week, never tried freezing them though

Any other meals you can carry with you?

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    You are organized, Radical!

Only in the last 10 years, I've been eating abit more of breakfast. Nowadays it's a small bowl of cornflakes with some fresh fruit and skim milk. A tea with skim milk.

Then at work, I might have a fresh fruit, yogurt or muffin with coffee.

I don't have much of a lunch daily. So I consider the bigness of my breakfast to cover off.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

I have been eating a soft Cliff bar with my coffee in the morning. It is 240 calories, 44 carbs, 10g Protein, 5g Fiber, 40 Fat. The chocolate chip tastes like a real choc chip oatmeal cookie! I am on Weight Watchers so it is 6points which is perfect for me. If I have them, I also add fresh strawberries or blueberries or a peach-fruits are 0 points on WW. One of these delicious Cliff bars works great right before a long ride also.
    Don't cross the river if you can swim the tide...

2011-Cannondale Synapse Alloy5 WSD with 105 and BB30!