Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arm & Knee Warmers - Your Favorite

To disable ads, please log-in.

What are your favorite arm & knee warmers? I have knickers and tights - are knee warmers worth buying? Thank you
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

I have a pair of knee warmers but I haven't used them in years. They were perfect for commuting though. I'd wear them to cover my knees for the ride in when it was cold, but then could leave them off for the ride home when it had warmed up.

I don't wear arm warmers because I've big upper arms and I generally find them uncomfortable. I do have multiple boleros though and I like using them for climbing rides where I'm warm on the way up but will be chilled for the descent (put them on at the top). They'd also be good for long rides that start early where it's cold but continue until it gets warmer in the afternoon (same for knee warmers) so that you don't need to carry a lot of extra clothes around with you.

Edited to add: My knee warmers are from Canari and they are very nice. My boleros are from Terry and Sheila Moon and I like both styles equally as well though the Terry one is thicker/warmer for winter use.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I only have arm warmers...mine are by Craft and I like 'em a LOT. They get a lot of use in the cooler months. I have fairly beefy biceps/triceps (from lots of lifting) but I don't find the arm warmers to be uncomfortable. Once they are on properly, I barely notice them at all.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

I love knee warmers for commuting. During the fall, it's not uncommon to have ~30 degree temperature differences between morning and afternoon. I don't really use them for other rides- I'll commit to either shorts or knickers so that I have less to carry.

OTOH, arm warmers are just awesome for all types of riding, IMO.

+1 on what others have said. When temperatures might vary by 30° or 40° over the course of a ride, it's nice to have a little extra coverage that packs up small when you don't want it. (I'm not above rocking the Flashdance look, either. )

I've got two pairs of PI arm warmers (one wool, one synthetic fleece) that I like reasonably well - they stay up fine and cover my whole arms.

I've also got a pair of Adidas knee warmers that I bought in a pinch on a chilly day, that I really don't like. They're too short in the thigh and too tight in the calf. I once borrowed someone's PI knee warmers that fit me well. I may have to get a pair of those for myself, and throw the Adidas ones into the "free" bin here.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I have a pair of Shebeest arm warmers that are awesome. They come in real women specific sizes and after having a pair of unisex PI ones that always fell down, the x small Shebeest ones are perfect. I use them a lot in spring and fall.
    I have a pair of Sheila Moon knee warmers that are almost leg warmers on me. Again, love them as they are real women specific sized. I use them when I know it will warm up over 55, as opposed to knickers, where it won't.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

These are my favorite brand of arm warmers; I like the fit, fabric, warm comfy like-a-warm-sweater feel, they neither fall off nor crimp my arms.

I don't neeeeeed more but if I did did I like these bright, screaming yellow, visible options

http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodDF_ANY.html
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

My knees aren't very sensitive to cold, and I don't go down hills at more than 30 mph, so as long as it's above 35ish I just wear shorts. Colder than that, and I probably wear tights. (I'm not much of a knickers/capris fan for running or biking - if I'm cold I want tights, if I'm not going to stay cold, I don't want anything on my legs).

I love arm warmers though. Best invention ever.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Might not be what you're looking for, but I never ride in the sun without Pearl Izumi's Sunskins/suncoolers/whatever they're calling them. They're white, light, and I don't feel as hot with them on - you don't get that burning heat from the sun on my skin.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

The Smartwool arm warmers are great! The feel great and keep me warm!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

I love the DeFeet arm and knee warmers, in both synthetic and wool. I find knee warmers more comfortable and versatile than knickers, and I prefer them over full leg warmers too since I wear them in temps of about 45-65. Anything colder and I wear tights.

As long as it's above 45-50 I just wear shorts. Below that I drag out the leg warmers or tights.

I have a pair of Castelli arm warmers. While they're a good length, they're unisex, so they have a tendency to slide down.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I've been known to wear BOTH tights and leg warmers at the same time....

Yikes, you wear shorts down to 35 degrees? I know everyone's different, but... my legs are freezing if it's below 55. That's why I like the knee warmers, because for a good part of the beginning and end of my cycling season, it starts out around 45 or 50 and goes up to 60 or so. I can take them off if I get warm. I wear tights over my shorts starting around 50 or so, if it's not going to get any warmer.
    I used to wear knee warmers up to temperatures of 70, but now I can do 58-60 with shorts, if it warms up.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

My tights are much too much for 45-50 (Sugoi Midzeros) but my leg warmers in that 45-degree range aren't quite enough. Above 50, I'm okay with shorts and a jacket, but it depends on the wind.

I've also layered my arm warmers under a long sleeve jersey and a jacket...but that ride was like 28-34 degrees.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...