Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm fine with the Sugoi mid-zeros at 45. 50 might be pushing it, but if it's windy and cloudy, yes, I'd be wearing tights. Last fall I did a ride on the south coast, about 40 miles. It was super windy and we hugged the ocean. I as wearing a thermal LS jersey, but at times I had to put my wind jacket on. I am sure the temperature was in the fifties, but I needed those tights.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

So what is the difference between "unisex" and "women's" arm warmers?

Both styles of PI ones are stretchy and fit me fine. My DeSoto arm coolers, OTOH, which are not stretchy, will NOT stay up - the gripper opening is larger than the bicep, which I find just bizarre. If I were a man with enormous delts would that help? (It doesn't really seem like it. Most of the belly of the delt is above the armpit joint which is the highest the grippers can ride.)

And, has anyone tried the Zoot arm coolers? Those are looking tempting to me.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 08-13-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

The biggest difference I found is that the PI unisex ones were too long in the s/m (the smallest size) and also kept falling down. The Shebeest women's ones I have came in 5 sizes, XS-XL and fit me like a dream. They are the right length and stay up.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim View Post
    I love the DeFeet arm and knee warmers, in both synthetic and wool. I find knee warmers more comfortable and versatile than knickers, and I prefer them over full leg warmers too since I wear them in temps of about 45-65. Anything colder and I wear tights.

And, if you are not picky, you can pick up deFeet brand 'grab bag' for cheap. that's what I have.
    Never used knee warmers...just knickers and long socks in the winter...legs seem to stay warmer than arms...guess cause they work harder.