Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

The TransCanada Highway

I just got back from a glorious 10 days in Banff and Lake Louise Canada. We hiked ove 50 miles in the beautiful Canadian Rockies.

Strangely enough, there were many cyclists on the Transcanada highway, clearly on tour. Of course, here in the States, cyclists are forbidden from highways. Route 1, Route 93 had many cyclists, some even heading up to Jasper. You could not ask for a more beautiful route.

If you have not vacationed there, it is a must. Oh, and bonus...the Canadian Ale is amazing!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    We were biking in the Canmore-Banff area Jul. 29-Aug.3. Pics in cyclwrite and velo-city blogs below. Were we 2 ships passing at night?

Yes, we did do parts of the Trans-Canada Highway since there is a wide shoulder in that area of Alberta, but there are parallel roads that are quieter.

The Trans-Canada highway in Vancouver is off-limits to cyclists whereas large lengths of the Trans-Canada highway in Ontario, Nova Scotia and Canadian Maritime Provinces permit bikes. Yes, I have cycled parts of the Trans-Canada highway in these other provinces also. One always has to check each region when trip planning.

Post some pics!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

The TransCanada Highway

The portion of the Yellowhead transCanada Highway in Jasper National park still needs to be twinned but I have no idea when that will happen if it happens at all.

The TransCanada Highway is my dream! please post some pictures!

I was on a bike tour last week which included several days on the Bow Valley and Icefield Parkways between Banff and Jasper. Driving back to Banff on Saturday, we saw quite a few loaded bike tourists on Route 1 too. You're right, you could not ask for a more beautiful place to ride!