Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Indoor Trainers

Smile Indoor Trainers

To disable ads, please log-in.

Started cycling a lot this summer and want to be able to continue indoors at home. Lots of cycle trainers out there and it's hard to choose when I don't know much about them. Favorites???? Thanks!

I had an expensive Kinetics that was OK. I now have an equally expensive 1up that I really like
    http://www.1upusa.com/bike_trainer.html
    it's simpler, lighter, more adjustable to different sizes and just works. Nothing fancy.

I have heard that rollers are better "training", but never tried them and never will because these are good enough for me and I'm a coward.
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!

Thanks!

I have a CycleOps fluid trainer -- I've been happy with it, but I have never tried others. I think equally or more important than the trainer is getting yourself a spot where you can place the contraption. I find one hour on the trainer is much, much harder than two hours outside. Find a spot where you can 'videotize' yourself: TV, a fan, I would suggest a mat (muffles the sound and, most importantly, catches sweat).

In terms of videos, what has worked best for me are the ones from the Sufferfest. They are relatively cheap (my favorites are Downward Spiral and Angels), set to good music, nobody talks to you. I picked a Robbie Ventura one and there was far too much talking, an overload of information, generic techno music that I could not stand for more than 30 min. Anyway, the training videos work for me to get a structured session over watching a random movie or TV.

I have a Lemond Revolution trainer. http://www.lemondfitness.com/product...ond-revolution

I like that it feels like the road, connects to my drivetrain and doesn't wear tires endlessly. It feels much, much more solid than any other trainer I've tried. It is a little bit more expensive, but well worth it.

I have a tendency to watch recorded tv shows during my winter spins. I use the commercials as intervals.

Was away for a few days. Thanks for all your help!

+1 on the fan,mat to protect the floor, towel underneath to catch the sweat.

I like to listen to podrunner.com programs which have both steady rate at set BPM and stairstep and interval sessions. Also have down loaded a couple of biking specific podcasts from motiontraxx.com along with some of their intervals and steady rate podcasts. I can grove out at any speed and play with gears and resistance as much as I want over any amount of time I feel like it.

I would be lost without my tunes to work out with and audio books for going to sleep and doing housework.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."