Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I thought it just showed a breadcrumb with no street names. I'm looking at the Edge 500.
    Oh - the 500 won't, but the 705 or 800's will show true maps. I also like that I can find food or water along the route - sometimes you're on a road that looks remote, but there might be a resource a block away.

I usually use mapmyride, but just discovered ridewithgps - their site definitely generates cue sheets.

To show the cue sheet, click the little arrows (<<) on the upper left of the map. You can even add notes to the cue sheet as you go.
    Last edited by Pedal Wench; 08-11-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: adding info
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

I'm not seeing anything about printing cue sheets on ridewithgps. So I go to create and account, and there's the answer. You have to pay to use the site.

I'm not paying a boatload of cash for the cycle computer and then paying even more -- a recurring fee, no less -- just to use it.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I haven't figured out the cue sheet thing yet myself, but we've never paid to use ridewithgps.com to upload and download rides to our Garmin. Is there a set of premium features?

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I'm not seeing anything about printing cue sheets on ridewithgps. So I go to create and account, and there's the answer. You have to pay to use the site.
    I don't pay. I created a (free) account (so I could save and retrieve mapped rides) and I just made a ride, looked at the cue sheet, clicked on "print" and a printer-friendly page popped up. I'm in a hotel, so didn't actually print it out, but i'm sure it would have printed had one been connected to my computer. If nothing else, do a screen print.
    Last edited by Pedal Wench; 08-11-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Two different things.

You can upload routes to your bike computer from those sites for free.

Printing cue sheets is something entirely different. The bike computer doesn't print cue sheets!

If you buy Garmin's map DVD rather than buying the chip bundled with the computer, you can use their BaseCamp software on your computer for no additional charge. I hate it myself but DH thinks you can use it to generate cue sheets.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Revisiting this thread because I think my Polar computer might be on its last legs...

And I apologize for more stupid questions, but the more I read, the more confused I get.

Re: the Edge 500 -- if I plan a route online (with Garmin Connect, MapMyRide, something like that) and download it to the Edge 500, will that mean I can do the ride without needing a printed cue sheet?

Thanks very much.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I don't think the 500 has that functionality, you would need the 800 for that (or a 605 or 705 if you can still find one, since they have been discontinued). When you download a route to the 500, it can be used as a "course" and you can track your progress against a virtual training partner. I don't believe it provides either bread crumbs or turn-by-turn directions.
    Last edited by BikeDutchess; 03-26-2012 at 01:30 PM.